Help Please..DPC ISSUES since new GFX card

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by BetA, Jul 31, 2010.

1. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    i guess not..i mean i know that..but a lot of people dont i think, its like some people dont even read teh whole thing and post stuff i allready wrote about..hehe

i guess nvidia needs to do some more work...
    still there is no responce from them...:( still waiting on a hot seat...

anyway, gn8 to all gurus and a nice sleep :)

over and out ;)

2. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    GTX460 is from 400 series, so it's not so new in terms of architecture and driver development. It is new to the market, but drivers should be more mature than when 400 series debuted. So one could think that this stupid bug would be fixed already. But maybe future drivers will be better. Another beta should be available soon, so we will see.

3. markeman

markeman New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8600M GT
    I'm running a 8600M GT on a MacBook Pro Apr '08 model. I've been searching for a solution all night, have tried enabling & disabling h/w and installing older drivers. Based on CoreyPL's earlier suggestion I found a solution that worked... (note this is slightly different so please read carefully)

Solution: nVidia Power Management was set to "Multiple display performance mode". Switching this to *SINGLE* display performance mode did the trick. DPC latency remains in the 1000-3000 range but I no longer get stutter in audio or movie playback, latency in dragging windows around or 3D rendering (e.g. the nVidia logo in the 3D settings panel)

To change the value go to NVIDIA Control Panel with advanced mode -> Manage 3D Settings -> Global Settings -> Multi display/mixed-GPU acceleration -> Ensure "Single display performance mode" is selected

HTH

Markeman

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    GTX460 uses GF104, not GF100 like GTX465-480. The architecture was changed slightly. GF104 contains only 384SP's, unlike GF100 which has 512. GF104 is also more efficient than GF100. nVidia still has not even perfected the GF100 drivers...they have gotten better, but they still have a long way to go.

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

thx for the heads up, but i allready tried this..its the same no matter what..and i use 2 displays..only when i game then i set it to one display and single performance mode..
    but appart from that. its the same, with or without dual display or songle display power mode..

i think this was one of the earliest things i tried...

i wrote to Gigabyte and nvidia.but still i have no answer..some people at the nvidia forum have the exact same problem, and also reportet it to nvidia support ticket, and that was one and a half year ago..so i guess nvidia didnt care or they cant fix it..who knows?

greetz beta

6. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    Yeah, I know the differences. But architecture is the same - GF104 being a little cut here, add there etc. Basic technological design is the same. It's like ATI went from HD4870 to HD4890 - new chipset had some new technical additions thus being able to clock faster etc., but basically it was still the same technical design, thus making compatible drivers easy to do.

But this not the point. Nvidia had enough time to perfect their drivers for GF100 family. Performance is nothing without stable system. And for the price you pay for those cards, one would expect to get good driver support...

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    if this helps, rivatuner had an option to force 3d mode. Maybe that could help you?

(Force3dOverride or something like that in advanced tweaks, not sure if it still works)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

nope. rivatuner is toooo old..waiting for unwinder making an update so it works, allredy tried hehe..
    no support for gtx460..

anyway, i have an statement from Gigaybte..the reproduced that problem..pic:

[img=http://www.abload.de/thumb2/dpcprobec5jo.jpg]

so now they talking to gigabyte in china or taiwan or whatever to see if its ether the driver or the Bios of the gtx460 Card..

so i am right all the way..hehe lets see what happens next..hopefully they will akt fast and quick..

anyway, gotta say gigabyte has an very nice support there, better then nvidia..but that is not really hard to beat lol..

greetings, Beta13:pc1:

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    great :), i hope you get it fixed soon :nerd:

10. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    Got my card back and after quick check with DPC Latency I hit 8000us when card is clocked to 50Mhz. So it's not Gigabyte-only problem, but rather GTX460 or even whole Fermi family.

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    jup...first off, i talked to gigabyte again...

This Problem only applyes to certain mobos and all GTX460 cards....

like p45 chipset and X48 chipsets. they tried it and reproduced everything like i have..

its a problem with the C-States on the gtx 460 . its only happeniing with the GTX460 and it is NVIDIAS FAULT..

oh boy, what did i found out there,, this is gonna make Big waves on nvidia..argh
    actually my name is beta..haha and i testet like i always do and now..i hope nvidia is not getting to angry at me..lol..
    so they rushed out the cards to early without testing i guess..shame on them ...

im gonna write more when i got updates..

greetings Beta

12. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    Due to problems with my card, I've tested 3 different BIOSes for GTX460. Palit sent me the newest they have from NVIDIA - the issue is still there when card downclock to 50MHz. So at this moment there are no BIOS for GTX460 that will fix this.

Guess we will have to wait for even newer BIOS/drivers.

P.S. I hope this won't affect my new TV card that is on the way :)

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    UPDATE:

gigabyte is in contact with nvida ... first they couldnt see the Problem. But after Nvidia was told it only happens with the p45/X48 and down, they also reproduced it...

So, they Know and working on it :)
    Hopefully they will work this out as fast as possible...

stay tuned..

greetz Beta

14. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    I hope that Gigabyte will post the BIOS download on the webpage. Because I got my money back for faulty Palit card, and my new Gigabyte GTX460 1GB is on its way :D

Or maybe NVIDIA will fix it in the drivers - this will be even better and safer than BIOS flashing.

15. pnade

pnade New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 640GTX
    Possibly a fix for some..

Hey guys,

I've been fiddling with this one all night, but have finally figured out a temporary fix:

Here are my specs:

Win7 x64
    Intel i7 930 processor
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7 motherboard
    EVGA GeForce 460GTX video

I found that the combination of disabling the CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) and Adjusting my power plan (within power options) in Windows 7 to "High Performance" solved the problem on my end. Before this, i was experiencing (almost steady) DPC latency's that were > 16000us when playing audio from my computer (resulting in a static/crackle noise). After the above changes I'm averaging around ~120us with no audio crackling or side effects.

Finding the C1E setting may be tricky in the bios:

M.I.T Intelligent Tweaker -> Advanced Frequency Settings -> Advanced CPU Core Settings -> CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) [Disabled]

I hope this works on your end as well! :)

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    allready tried that, not fixed the Problem..:(
    several PPL on the gigabyte forum tried that too, didnt worked, only thing that worked was deinstaling the drivers..no driver = no DPC Issues ...

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    UPDATE on the situation:
    Thanks to JZ from the Gigabyte Forum to letting me know ;)

greetz Beta - stay Tuned

18. zeroberto

zeroberto Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 768MB
    Hello,
    I have the same issue with the latest WHQL and beta driver. The sound crackles in winamp, and when I play games there is a stuttering even on lower settings. Also, the HD videos are not the smoothest. The DPC is similar like on the examples above.
    Is there any solution for this yet?
    Disabling the HPET doesn't help.
    When I insert back my old 8600gt the crackle stops.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    dont disable HPET its what makes it more compatible with windows vista/7 timer.. try turning off C1 halt state or eist or both, im not sure how its called by amd though, cool n quiet?

But i think you will have to wait till Monday, nvidia is gonna release a new driver, maybe it finally fixes these dpc issues with 460gtx gpu's..