1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help overclocking!!!

Discussion in 'nVHardPage' started by Nemo, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Nemo

Nemo Guest

Hi, I got RivaTuner and it said my GF2MX400 is at 200/334, and it gives me the option to overclock it. NOW, I've got no idea where to start, if to overclock 5Mhz or the whole 60Mhz it allows me to? And what do I do if the card cant take the overclock? Can any of you explain to me in detail what to do? I dont want to fry the lil video card. Rivatuner will let me push it up to 260/434, but I don't know whether its safe or not. Lastly, do I need extra cooling or some new fan for the video card if I want to overclock? Thx very much for your help. Right now I can't get a new video card so I want to push mine to its best:) Thx again.

2. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB GDDR3
    RE::

Hi,

correct values are: For GeForce2MX 175MHz core / 166MHz memory and for your GeForce2MX400 200MHz core / 166MHz memory.

Overclocking is dependent on card manufacturer (ManLi sucks!) and memory manufacturer.

Maximum is about 250MHz core / 220 MHz memory (without add. coolers), but for this values you need very good card (optimal with 32MB, because many 64MB cards have bad memory). You may try overclocking in +5MHz steps with testing in 3DMark2001. If 3DMark faild, do -2MHz step and try again and finaly test card with Artifact Tester.

3. Nemo

Nemo Guest

My card is from PNY

My GeForce2 MX400(64MB) is from PNY. Stock defaults were 200Mhz core/ 334Mhz memory. I started overclocking yesterday,so far its only 210Mhz core/ 345Mhz memory. I'll be trying 5Mhz at a time until the card can't take it:) Thx for your help. Any other suggestions?

4. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    Cool

Yes, for better overclocking do this for your memory: :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Nemo

Nemo Guest

Do what?

I dont quite get what you want me to do. If you mean changing the video cards RAM like that, i cant, mines PNY from nVidia, not ATI Radeon. The memory modules arent like that. Can you explain in detail what should do? Sorry for bothering:) Thx

6. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    ::

Add a passive coolers on your graphic card memory.

(pictures are only for illustration)