Help! Nvidia 310.70

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ZodiakSL, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ZodiakSL

ZodiakSL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 Hydro Copper
    Hello Everyone :)

Let me explain my situation. Up until a few today, I have been using the 306.97 nvidia drivers. I did notice the update to 310.70 drivers online yesterday and I decided to download and install them today.

Basically what happened is, i had the 306.97 drivers, didn't have anything open, launched the installer for the 310.70 drivers and near completion, it gave me errors and some aspects of the driver pack were unable to install, which I should have written down.

Anyways, after seeing the error, I rebooted and went into Safe Mode. I uninstalled all of the nvidia drivers, rebooted into safe mode again and reinstalled the 310.70 nvidia driver pack without a problem, then rebooted into normal mode.

All I then did was setup my surround display array (I have 3x 27'' monitors).

After I was done, I launched one of the games I usually play (Guildwars 2) and I noticed something fishy. Since I have 3 large monitors, I have an odd setup i like to do. I have my left monitor i reserve for displaying tv shows or movies and the center and right monitor, i resize my games in windowed mode to fit.

However, after installing the 310.70 drivers, I noticed that when it came to resizing windows, I can resize them to fit the monitor height, but the maximum width of the window is restricted to the with of a single monitor. So for whatever reason, after installing the new updates, it seems to restrict the maximum size i can resize a single window.

At first I thought it may be the snapping feature from Windows 7 but I had disabled that and double checked it. Besides, i can drag a window so that it is half in one monitor and half in the other. I can't find any snapping feature in the Nvidia control panel and I have tried to reset the settings in the Nvidia control panel without any luck.

Does anyone have any advice? :(

Thank you for any very much for any help!

2. ZodiakSL

ZodiakSL Guest

GPU:
    Forgot to mention, here are my system specs:

Intel Core I7 2600k @ 4.6ghz
    3x EVGA GTX 580s with 3gb of ram each
    ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    16gb of Ram
    Windows 7 64bit

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    try uninstalling drivers then run CCleaner`s reg cleaner or as i prefer Auslogic`s boost speeds reg clean and reg defrag then installl new drivers

4. ZodiakSL

ZodiakSL Guest

GPU:
    Hello there,

Yes I am sorry for not posting, i am still trying to fix this. After uninstalling in safe mode, I did run CCleaner's reg edit, then rebooted in safe mode and reinstalled. This did not do anything.

I had even uninstalled and reinstalled in safe mode and used the advanced features with the reset option checkbox which i tried but did not work.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Way I do it is just uninstall from Programs and features, boot in to safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, boot into windows then install drivers.

Edit: Is this the first time you've had this issue/problem with your 3x monitors.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  6. ZodiakSL

ZodiakSL Guest

GPU:
    Yes since the new 310.70 drivers

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Try the drivers before the .70's and see how they fair, and are you using the Geforce or Quadro version.

8. ZodiakSL

ZodiakSL Guest

GPU:
    I am using GTX cards

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sorry lol, I meant driver version mate. But i guess your using geforce version.:)

Maybe try reinstall of the 306.97's then see if problem with your screens is still there, if not, download the 310.64's and install and see if you get any issues with them and if you get no trouble, reinstall the .70's over top and see what happens.

Im no expert compared to most of the gurus round here, so the only thing i can offer is things i've tried myself through process of elimination.

Oh, you posted something about installing drivers while in safe mode,have you always done that.

10. ZodiakSL

ZodiakSL Guest

GPU:
    I've now reinstalled the 306.97 drivers that I had before. What is really odd is that it was still doing the snaping/resizing restriction from the newer version even on the older, but then suddenly stopped.

Windows snapping is disabled through the control panel AND by using regedit, i checked that much.

Eh... problem solved I guess, they must have Borked the 310.70 drivers :)

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    awesome, so the latest drivers must be borked like you mentioned (or maybe Nvidia just didnt want anyone using a helpful feature;p), If your keen for a try, move up to the 310.64's and see if they work...or just wait for next driver if all your games are running good. Dont try and fix what aint broke.:)

Oh yeah, Quadro drivers give better IQ.

*Goes back under bridge*

12. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate

Awesome specs! I was wondering how you cool the case?

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol. Silly guru, everyone knows the answer to that - Aviator sunglasses, they make everything cool.

Like this on FaceMagazine(tm).