1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP New 780Ti stupid issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Benny_26, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    Hi,
    Couple of days ago upgraded to Gigabyte OC 780Ti from 7970Ghz edition and it went downhill from there.

1. The system wont boot unless i remove ALL USB devices (connecting them anytime after the POST is fine)
    I have a UEFI mobo for 2 years, bios always updated to latest version and never had no issued with 7970Ghz and the 580 before it.
    Well after resetting my BIOS the system booted fine so i started to change back the setting ( I assume it was my overclock as in taking too much power, but hell 750 single rail PSU should be fine)
    Basically there is a setting in Bios saying Force UEFI ROM or Force Compatible ROM, I dont have any old hardware so its set to UEFI.
    And this is what kills it, when its set to Compatible it boots fine with all USB attached, when set to UEFI, it wont boot even with one USB device (I check everything and its not device specific conflict)

Question# 1: anyone had any issues with UEFI mobo and 780ti's? especially ASUS boards that have such setting in BIOS?

Question# 2: is there any problem if i update my GPU bios to one from another company but newer version (with same overclock like mine), maybe it will solve the UEFI issue

2. I have HDMI (Port #3 on video card) connected to my HDTV (which is fully turned off from surge protector) and DP (Port #4 on video card) to my QHD monitor, during boot the video card outputs everything that comes before windows to HDMI port and when driver takes off it shows the log-in screen properly on my monitor, the HDMI TV is set as second screen in windows and turned off both in driver and physically from surge protector (I only turn on my TV when I actually need it)
    Of course if I use a lower numbered port such as dual DVI (Port #1 on video card) it shows everything on the monitor.

Question# 3: Is there any way to force the video card to use the display port during boot and keep HDMI cable connected? It worked fine and automatically on my 7970Ghz.
    7970 was detecting that the HDMI is turned off and display everything through DP.

Thanks in advance, i hope its not too much text

2. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    1) Im using an ASUS board with a GTX760 I think I had something like this related to secure boot ill have a look in my bios for the setting I had to change.

2) Have you checked or contacted gigabyte for an updated video bios what's UEFI compatible this might fix the issue I know evga did push some out for there cards

3. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    They have no new bios, I checked the download page yesterday.

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I have had a few problems with my 780Ti cards, but hey it's not the place to discuss my problems.

I may have a simple solution for you to try. Reset CMOS

Pull power plug, remove battery from motherboard, press the on button to denergize any residual power that was left in the boards capacitors.

Leave computer in this state for 1/2 hour or so.
    Replace battery, plug back in start system and go to BIOS and reset to your liking,and try your system again.
    It really does work 99% of the time to get your computer running again in peak form.

5. prophet^

prophet^ Member

GPU:
    gainward gtx 970 SLI
    my p8p67 didn't boot with uefi rom and 780ti either, just force compatible rom i guess

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    No problem with 780ti sli on my old p67 mb

7. main_shoby

main_shoby Maha Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Qnix 2710 96Hz
    no problem here, single or sli. got 2x asus reference cards with asus x79 deluxe board.