help me guyz...having problem wif my GF fx5500

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by tommi88, May 8, 2007.

1. tommi88

tommi88 New Member

GPU:
    Forsa GeForce FX 5500 256MB
    guyz...im having a prob here...when i check my AGP speed,da max AGP rate on da OS iz on 2X...while da rest iz running on 8x...hw do i solve thiz problem???i cant play games smoothly...

2. LeonKennedy123

LeonKennedy123 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X1950PRO 256mb
    You can Change it through the Bios I believe

3. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    You can change that in the BIOS, but even if you did it won't make any miracles!

4. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    to be exact, you wont see a single percent of improvemnt. The 5500 is based on the 5200, which barely scrapes the bandwith of agp x1. the x2 will do nothing unfortunately.

But, er, you can . . .
    um . . .
    sorry, nothing pops to mind

5. tommi88

tommi88 New Member

GPU:
    Forsa GeForce FX 5500 256MB
    previously i tried over clock my processor then it solve da lagness...nw i set back 2 normal setting bcoz when overclock dat time,when da weather gets too hot,it will auto restart...

6. MrCompillitrate

MrCompillitrate Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    Upgrade the card. i dont even know what a 5500 can handle now a days

All my money now is going to my car (gas is F***ing 3 bucks for 85 grade) or a dirtbike.

7. Pazsion

Pazsion Member

GPU:
    5500 nvidia /quadro 600 unlocked?
    4gb a sec throughput on the 5500 cards. quadrod is 6.4 gb/s pretty dang close to agp8X. then mention the fact that they can be paired with other cards? come on people...

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    you can buy a used 7800gs in AGP (not expensive) and enjoy your fx5500 on top of your fireplace... and then you can say to your gran son "once upon a time, when AGP was the top of the edge technology..." lol
    fx 5xxx was one of the whorse NVidia serie with lot of bug... even on internal discution in NVidia they said it has been a terible serie...
    i think you will gain some time in finding a 6 or 7 serie GPU in AGP (a lot of people passing in PCIe sell their GPU in AGP at not expensive price).
    BTW you can try an ATI in AGP (1650 pro ???) but remove your driver 1st then.

9. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    Sure, in theory. the card itself aint strong enough to generate that much texture to pump through the interface.

If it were a fast cartd, it could utilitze the bandwith. I remember doing a work in uni on my old 6600gt, and that barely broke the agpx4.