Help me find the best laptop under $500 for a college student

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by James C. Taylor, Feb 18, 2022.

1. James C. Taylor

James C. Taylor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I'm a newbie here, and I'm looking for a laptop to use at college and throughout the day. I did a lot of study on this subject and came across an amazing website where I read an essay about the best laptop for a student under $500.

I've read through the whole article, and now I can make a decision between two laptops. But now I'm really perplexed about which one to pick and which is the finest of all.

1. 1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop with 15.6″ Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Quad-Core Processor, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB NVMe SSD, and Win 10 ( S-Mode) OS

2. 4. HP 15 Laptop with Intel Core i5-1135G7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win 11 Home OS, and Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics (15-dy2024nr, Natural silver)

So, I'm looking for your help in selecting the finest laptop under $500. Or is there another laptop we should choose? That's all I'm interested in finding out... So, please let me know what you think of it.

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    That depends entirely on what you use it for at college and in your free time.

If you need to do just basic excel work you'd be fine with a chromebook.

But if you do autoCAD or light gaming then it gets a bit trickier.

Saying just "for college" is a little too vague to make a description.