Help me choose between these monitors

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by The Janitor, Jan 1, 2021.

1. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So my VG236H just died and I need a new monitor. The reason I chose the VG236H is because it has a glossy coating and high contrast. So I'm looking for something that can at least match my old monitor in contrast ratio and clarity (I don't want something with an aggressive, hazy anti-glare coating)

These are the candidates I'm looking at:

Acer XB273UGX
    Asus XG279Q
    LG 27GN950
    Gigabyte M27Q

Or if you have any better suggestions? It needs to be at least 120Hz, G-Sync, 1440P or 4K and not curved.

Thanks!

2. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  3. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Thanks for replying but I already got the 4K version of the XG279Q which is the XG27UQ. It was the only one in stock I could find. I plan on getting a RTX 3090 anyway so my 1080 Ti is only a placeholder for now.

Contrast is pretty good if you enable dynamic dimming. The only thing I don't like is the anti-glare coating which gives it a grainy look. I don't get why phones, TVs and most other screens have glossy coatings but gaming monitors all gotta be matte :confused:

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

5. jamilalam

jamilalam New Member

GPU:
    80gb
    what ever monitor you are going to buy, make sure your monitor have a brightness button on its screen. So you can increase and decrease its brightness according to your room brightness. I have brought a monitor and it has not a brightness button. This is a big problem every time my pc brightness remains full. I can't change it thats why i wear re aviators sunglasses in front of a screen especially in the night.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    I'm probably going for Gigabyte, Asus has bad clarity with their coating style...

Else i'd probably went for the Asus VG278QR for freesync + gsync compatible.