1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me...AGP8X and Dual channel memory

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Pirates, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Pirates

Pirates Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R 9600XT
    Finally just upgrade to A64 3000 939, i go the cheap way.
    Got Biostar NF4ST-A9 board nForce 4 and have AGP and PCIe slot in board the AGP8X port called **P on that product.

Install Rad9600XT AGP8X and when turn on the power, i heard long beep and double short beep and no display...just blank screen.

I try AGP4X card and its works perfectly, no strange beep out.

I read manual and the beep sign is : No video card detected or bad video memory.

I install again Rad9600XT AGP, its same...beeping and wont display anything. I try install this Rad9600XT to ECS N2U400A board on nForce 2 chipset and its works succesfully.

I install again on my board and no success. Help me finding way to use my Rad9600XT. Or i must buy PCIe card ? i have no money.

Second. I bought 939 CPU because i want run dual channel but at boot screen what i read is : Single Channel DDR 400.
    What can i do to change that to : Dual Channel DDR 400. I have 2 piece DDR PC3200 exactly same. And bank position is right i follow the manual.

What is setting i have to be done to have dual channel mamory works.

Please help. i am very-very novice.

2. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    I don't know about your video card problem, but for dual channel memory your ram needs to be in certain slots, confront your manual to find out the dual channel combinations

3. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    Dual channel is usually color coded each ram chip goes in same color. BUT this is not always correct but the only one i know of is MSI the mobo i have. It makes You use two diff color slots for dual channel. As for vid card problem is there a AGP select in bios for 4x or 8x.

4. BerruccI

BerruccI Active Member

GPU:
    This is from the Biostar website, it may be helpful to you.

"Xtreme Graphics Port Slot :

This **P (Xtreme Graphics Port) slot is a special design that only supports compatible AGP VGA cards.

To install the system with an add-on AGP VGA card, please make sure to install the driver of add-on AGP VGA card before onboard VGA driver installation.

If the onboard VGA driver has already been installed before you install the add-on AGP VGA card, the system will automatically set the onboard VGA as the primary graphics adapter.

For the onboard VGA driver can't be removed completely, and to solve this problem, please following the steps below

Disable onboard VGA utility under the operating system, and reboot PC. After PC restarts, the system will automatically set the AGP VGA card as the graphics adapter.

Or Re-install your operating system to ensure the AGP VGA card function can be used."

Don't know if thats any help to you, great idea for those wanting a safe+cheap upgrade route.

5. Pirates

Pirates Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R 9600XT
    Athlon 64 HT Multiplier

I see at BIOS what called HT Multiplier.
    I have 1800Mhz of Athlon 64 3000.
    Its is safe if i turn it to 5x ?

What is differences between Venice and Winchester or Clawhammer ? what is difference in performance ?

Thanks.

Ahh i think my Rad 96XT wont work in my board, got PCIe GA 66GT at US$72 trade in.