HELP! installing driver from system recovery options!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NirHahs, Apr 27, 2015.

1. NirHahs

NirHahs Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 670 2GB
    First, sorry for my bad english. Ok now, I have lose control of my computer due to USB ports stop working after windows startup, means I cant control both my mouse and keyboard to solve any problems inside the computer. But I got another HDD (the old one) which is doesnt have any problem with the USB. So Im thinking if I could install a driver through the command prompt in system recovery option by using USB pendrive (accessable before windows startup). So I can download all the missing file for the usb problem from the old HDD and use it to the new HDD by using the system recovery option. Please help me!

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
  3. NirHahs

NirHahs Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 670 2GB
    no, the problem is not the windows is unbootable. But, I want to install a driver which is make my usb ports not working. I cant install it in the desktop because all my USB devices arent working including mouse and keyboard

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I realize that but if you follow booting with the disk and following those directions to start command prompt you can run the sfc/ scannow option to replace or repair system files.It might replace any missing/corrupted usb drivers.So what operating system?That's why I told you to ignore the not booting part of the link as it doesn't apply but the directions still work for your situation.Do you even know where or what you would be copying from the other hard drive?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

5. NirHahs

NirHahs Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 670 2GB
    I downloaded a new usb driver from the asus website and try to use this code in cmd in the system recovery,

dism /image:c:\ /add-driver /Driver:X:\ /recurse

"driver X" is the USB flash that I used to save the driver and use it on the command prompt.

sfc /scannow doesnt work, it said restart and run sfc again but nothing happen.

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Something else is wrong. Any of the USB ports should be working with just the default Microsoft drivers.

What was being done prior to the USB ports not functioning after Windows starts?

Still able to boot from the installation media? Try a recovery point from when your ports were still working.

Do you know what operating system you are using?

7. NirHahs

NirHahs Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 670 2GB
    Im using windows 7 ultimate x64 sir. the problem occurs after I installed a driver for my smartphone "Samsung USB driver". what is installation media?

Im not able to restore any recovery point, it says I dont have any restore point from previous days. :cry:

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Installation media: The disc the operating system was installed with

What is the difference between the old drive and the new one? The only difference the Samsung USB driver that was installed?

From the sounds of it, your issue is beyond my ability. There are far more knowledgeable people here than myself.

EDIT:

What about booting into safe mode? Able to uninstall the Samsung driver then?

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Installation media is whatever you used to install 7 dvd,usb whatever.At this point save whatever you can/need to and reinstall.

10. NirHahs

NirHahs Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 670 2GB
    Yep, the samsung driver. No chance of getting usb working in safe mode.

EDIT : guys, now my cmd under system rcovry is beginning its system scan, after I added some text into sfc/ scannow which are, /offbootdir and /offwindir.
    But its been a couple of minutes for the scan. Is it normal?

UPDATE : still doesnt solve the issue

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Aside from cloning the old drive to the new drive, the only option I am aware of is to do a fresh new installation of Windows 7, like was mentioned earlier.

I have never had to clone a drive so cannot offer any help there. Someone else will need to provide assistance.

12. NirHahs

NirHahs Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 670 2GB
    Fresh installation means I need to format? I didnt make any backup so, I dont want to lose my file :bawl::bawl:

13. NirHahs

NirHahs Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 670 2GB
    anyone?