[HELP]How I mod Intel Graphics driver to add support? (experiment for LCD overclock)

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by raclimja, Jul 14, 2015.

1. raclimja

raclimja Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    The laptop I have is called Asus G751JM-BHI7T25.

The LCD in it is called LG LP173WF4-SPD1 which is known to overclock to 100Hz easily.

The problem is my laptop has NVIDIA Optimus enabled and the only way to create custom resolution is through intel driver which is completely broken.

I researched around and it turns out old driver has no issues with intel custom resolution. LINK HERE: https://communities.intel.com/thread/45623

I already found the oldest driver for HD 4000 and downgraded my OS to Windows 7 for testing purposes.

Now I need to find a way to add support for HD 4600 on the old HD 4000 driver (Ivy bridge and presumably has a working custom resolution mode).

2. Motion

Motion New Member

GPU:
    MSi gtx 760 2gb
    i would like to know this too. Is it possible to modd intel igpu driver?
    I have a laptop with second gen sandy bridge CPU. Although the windows was able to upgrade to win 10, intel does not support this this cpu on windows 10. So the official half assed driver that windows installs does not work correctly and is constantly giving me black screens and other annoying
    stuff.
    So I would like to know if it is possible to modd 8.1 drivers to work on windows 10 or to modd different drivers for HD4000 that is supported on windows 10, to work with HD3000 graphic.