help help help needed urgently plz

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ginge51, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    hello all:)

ive posted simlar threads but i read them again but i thought i didnt detail what i meant propperly so here goes again
    i use a programe called 3d analyze so i can play games propperly without this 3d analyze i get these annoying corrupted graphics

IVE LISTED THE SCREENS IVE TAKEN BELOW TO SEE IF SOME1 CAN PLZ HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM THX.

the 1st screenshot is without me using 3d analyze and the 2nd screenshot is when i use 3d analyze as you can see 3d analyze restores my gfx card back to normal.

can any1 tell me what this problem is because there must be a way to get my gfx back to normal because when i use this 3d analyze the graphics turn back to normal so is there a way to fix this annoying problem :bolt:

i really hope someone can help me out hear as im not exacley rich at this moment in time loooool:rolleyes:

2. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    reformat your computer and dont install 3d analyze ever again lol

3. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    what will reformat do tho will it get it back working right again m8?

4. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    erases everything. you will need to reinstall windows xp and drivers. like brand new again. if you buy retail they usually have a restore cd?

5. MrFox

MrFox Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    Is your card overclocked?

6. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    no not over clocked m8
    wonder why i have to use 3d analyze to get it working right hope some1 nows if not looks like ill be getting this card for the money i wanna spend on 1
    h--p://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=17705829516&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=107115

can some1 give me there opinions on this card plz i think its definbatly value for money but if u know of a simlar card thats better or as good as in the same price bracket plz reply thx

7. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    I have an opinion...I have seen the same graphic corruption on bad memory, but mine was self-induced...I clocked the memory way to high, and it never snapped out of it (probably fried a module...)
    Triangular shapes like those are indicative of memory corruption, usually from overheating.
    If you've never overclocked the card, then I don't know what would have caused it, and I DEFINATELY don't understand why 3D Analyze makes it work.
    I would follow the suggestion of formatting and reinstalling XP from scratch...if it happens to be caused by some sort of driver conflict, that will fix it...but if it IS a hardware error, you're borked, and you'll have to buy a new card.
    Formatting and reinstalling XP from scratch will fix anything that's not a hardware malfunction, and I would start there, and NOT install 3D Analyze - just to see if that fixes it.
    Good luck, and keep us posted!

** EDIT: You may try UNDERclocking the card below factory specs on the memory to see if that fixes the problem, obviously with 3D Analyze OFF. If it does, you may not need to go through the trouble of reinstalling XP, because if it does work correctly at a lower memory frequency, then your card is borked.

Psychlone

8. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    thx for the reply m8 i lowered all the settings on my gfx card to the lowest possible 1s and it did clear the lines up quiet a bit but there was still lines there so i ll have to try the reformat option as a last resort thx foer replying m8 ps what do u think of that card i might be getting is like??????

9. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Here, here...you're heading in the wrong direction, buddy!
    Let me help you. nVidia bad, ATI good...nVidia bad, ATI good! (just kidding!)
    Anyway, I didn't do as much research into this as you should, but I'd rather pay just a little more, and get a much better card.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...n=c2hvd3N1YmNhdGVnb3J5X3BhZ2U=&subcat_uid=709
    What you need to do is Google search a vs. match between the 6800 and the X8xx series, and decide for yourself which card is going to be the better option.
    Personally, I'd go for an ATI card, as they've been great cards, their driver support is outstanding (except for CCC, but lots of people like that, and you DONT have to use CCC) and I just like being able to leave my nVidia buddies in the dust...kind of like the Mustang vs. Camaro fight...(it doesn't really matter, but I would pick up the card that's going to give me the best framerates for the longest period, so I don't have to upgrade again in 4 months...Just my opinion.)
    Think about it, and DO SOME RESEARCH on cards...go to Pricegrabber (I know you're in EU, but you can do side-by-side comparisons) and check out your options...then look them up in stores on your side of the pond.

Oh, yeah...and format/reinstall XP...

Good luck!
    Psychlone

10. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    cheers for the help m8 but if i bought a gfx card like that no doubt id have to upgrade me board to take advantage of the card so what motherboard would i need a decent cheepish 1 to be able to take full advantage of this card plz

cause heres my specs on me comp so no doubt id need to upgrade vertually everthing
    radeon 9800 se 128 mb
    p4 2.4ghz
    1024 mb of ram
    p4pe/ge motherboard ....good but very dated and its only a x4 agp mobo lol ill need a new 1 of these

thx

11. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    just another point about my corrupted gfx card do u think if i changed the power supply setting in bios it could be that because i did take this gfx card out of my other computer so it might not be getting enough power or to much ??????
    plus this board i have in this comp is like 4 years old now and the other board i had which i used for this gfx card was like 1 year old so could it be this if it is what sort of settings will i have to change and will it be safe doing this thx??????

12. engr_alas27

engr_alas27 Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 1080ti Water
    flash your 9800se with a new bios....turn of fastwrites..chack for your mobo for defects..use latest catalyst drivers 6.3 eg..don't use unofficial drivers...

13. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    ?????????
    how do i flash a gfx card with a new bios id love to now how like
    if u mean my computer bios ive had alot of trouble updating mine my bios is very old tho its like 4 years old lol my motherboard is a asus p4pe/ge mobo
    but if some1 could explain to me how to do it update my bios id apreciate it thx

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  14. MrFox

MrFox Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    I got weird problems with my GFX card when I turned up the voltage so if you can turn it down and for flashing your BIOS google it there are some good tutorials around. BE VERY CAREFUL flashing your bios is quite risky so make sure you follow all the instructions carefully and check before hand if this tutorial has worked for other people i.e. their opnions. Hope this helps :)

15. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    if i do flash my gfx card bios could it cure them display problems im having????????????

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006

16. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Flashing your BIOS isn't going to fix borked memory chips, if that is whats wrong...and you've wasted more time replying to your thread than it would have taked to format and reinstall.
    BIOS flashing is not for the feint-hearted, its VERY risky business...you can screw things up BADLY, and a newer VGA BIOS on your graphics card isn't going to fix it...I've NEVER seen a BIOS flash fix a problem like yours.
    Don't get me wrong...I've flashed no less than 8 cards, but only to test out overclocking potential, never to try to fix something that's not working right with the BIOS that came with it...it just wont work that way.
    Format and reinstall XP...it's free, and you would have been done by now if you had just gone for it.
    If it still doesn't work after a format and reinstall (which I suspect it wont) at least you have a CLEAN system to start with. Everything runs SO MUCH FASTER with a clean install of XP.
    After reading that you turned down the mem freq and it helped some, but not all, then I believe that your card is damaged and you need to get a new one.
    Do you research, and leave yourself a good upgrade path for the future.

Psychlone

17. ginge51

ginge51 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3072
    i reformatted me computer after finnaly getting some dvds but its still the same so it looks like me gfx card is beeeeeeped loooool never i need a better 1 anyway thx for all the help on the thread ppl much apreiciated thankyou