Help forcing Low 2D clocks GTX460

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by 1keith1, Oct 10, 2010.

1. 1keith1

1keith1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk 1GB
    Okay, I have two monitors plugged into my 460 and it disables downclocking to 2D clocks and instead uses 3D low clocks. I know there is an option to set 2D and 3D clocks, but it requires me to make a profile for it first. Well when making a profile, you can only set the core as low as 585, which is even higher than the 3D low clocks my card idles at. Help getting core to maybe about 300Mhz on idle?

Also, I could use some help setting up MSI on screen Display to ensure it doesn't get in the way of steam overlay or cause any sort of stuttering.

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  3. 1keith1

1keith1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk 1GB
    I guess so, but reguardless I would still like to set my 2D and 3D memory clock to the same because when it goes from 900 to 1000 my screens flicker for a second, I could eliminate this with MSI afterburner but again, I would then have to run my GPU at an even higher idle clock because of limits to what i can set it to.

4. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    the 2D clock is not good enough to support dual monitors, so even you wish to run it at such low clock, you will still run it at low 3D clock.

5. 1keith1

1keith1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk 1GB
    Okay, still, the 3D low clock is 450Core 900Mem, I can only set as low as 585 Core. I want to force 2D profile to be 450Core 1000Mem, so that my monitor doesnt flicker when going between 2d to 3d clocks (caused by having a different memory clock, similar problem I had with my 5850).

6. dack1

dack1 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 900-2200
    I'd like the same thing.
    It's not a big deal, but it can be a great plus. :)

We just need to be able to Underclock ourself to 405/1800. :)

By the way, Afterburner is a great tool.

Edit : i can't lower my voltage too. (1V by defaut in 3D mode)

7. 1keith1

1keith1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk 1GB
    Yea, it would be nice if they extend the limit for how low core clock can go to be the 3d low setting of the card. Then I could try to undervolt my 3D low clocks as well.