Help for "BEST" drivers/crimson for RX 480 8GB

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by M4ZT3KEU, Aug 18, 2017.

1. M4ZT3KEU

M4ZT3KEU Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE RX480 8G NITRO+
    Hello guys, i want know what it's the best Crimson Relive drivers it's the best for my RX480 8GB NITRO OC, because i try lastest 17.7.2WHQL and i have issues with some games, example sometime on BF1 i have without knows, my game started laggy and frezzy, but that happened when it's come finish round, and not only for best bf1 performance, but for the best performance and without any issues on all other games, and i have issues with GPUZ, and SAPPHIRE TRIXX, and in both programs don't looks gpu and memory clocks, and on gpuz don't look TEXTURE FILL-RATE, PIXEL FILL-RATE, BANDWITCH, thats on gpuz look UNKNOW, but before 17.7.2, don't happened this, what crimson relive "version" raccomended for install?? Maybe i waiting they put out next release and fixed all that issues, and issues i don't have it, but people have with almost gpus with that drivers, homewere, i put here my games list i playing now, for take a one idea for what Crimson Relive version (ABSOLUTLY NO BEFORE 17.4.4, because with Windows®10 Creators Update, when i use before 17.4.3/17.7.4, i have some issues with OS, but no one with games, homewere thanks in advice guys, and sorry for not speak/write perfectly english

BATTLEFIELD 1-4
    THE WITCHER 3 + ALL DLC'S
    RAINBOW SIX SIEGE
    NEED FOR SPEED
    RESIDENT EVIL 4-5-6-7/REVELATION 2
    FAR CRY 4
    ALIEN ISOLATION
    ASSASSINS CREED UNITY
    WATCH DOGS
    METAL GEAR SOLID 5 THE PHANTOM PAIN
    MASS EFFECT 1-2
    DRAGON AGE INQUISITION
    DEUS EX MANKIND DIVIDED
    RISE OF THE TOM RAIDER
    DOOM
    GRAND THEFT AUTO 5
    DYING LIGHT
    DARK SOULS 3
    COUNTER STRIKE GLOBAL OFFENSIVE
    TITAN QUEST ANNIVERSARY EDITION

ABSOLUTLY NO BEFORE 17.4.4, because with Windows®10 Creators Update, when i use before 17.4.3/17.7.4, i have some issues with OS, but no one with games, homewere thanks in advice guys, and sorry for not speak/write perfectly english, and i want one version give me the best PERFORMANCE/STABILTY on GAMES/RENDERING/EDITING APPLICATIONS.

THANKS IN ADVICE

Nicola AKA M4ZT3K_EU

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G

17.8.1 Soon.

3. M4ZT3KEU

M4ZT3KEU Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE RX480 8G NITRO+
    man READ better, but MAYBE if i download from SAPPHIRE site on from my RX480 NITRO OC 8GB model, yes it's like same, but it's possible work better than from AMD site? i know maybe it's a huge bull****, but it's possible it's like possible? thanks in advice ^^

4. Chastity

Chastity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 390 BP
    for best FPS performance, get off Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7. Then use the current Win7 releases. Of course this means no DX12 for you.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX580 (8GB)
    No, just no.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fury X - XL2420T(Z)@144Hz
    I'll be honest here.
    Games like CS:GO and Titan Quest should run well no matter what on your setup. Limiting FPS may be good idea for smoother experience.

BF One, Witcher 3, Doom, Dying Light are ones which are good at utilizing GPU even with FX-9590 CPU.

R6: Siege, NFS, Res. Evil, FC4, AC:U, MGS, Mass Effect, DA:I, RoTR, GTA5, DS3 are CPU Bound in many situations. That may cause stutter, so FPS limiting to some decent value is good idea. And there check your uncapped GPU utilization and clock, if either of those jumps down a lot, then you should consider new CPU.

As for the driver, use one with which you do not have any issues. If you have no problems with 17.8.1 beta 6 (Which is mostly defect free only on Polaris GPUs.), then use that. In case you face some issues mentioned in driver thread, revert to 17.7.2 and wait for next one.

As for W10 vs. W7. It is really not good idea to go back for any other reason than W10 being somewhat annoying on many levels. But it plays games well and actually provide smoother experience.
    I saw some comparison, in some games W7 is bit better (in terms of avg. FPS) in some W10 is better. But W10 is simply smoother.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two different furnaces
    Lol , do you realize that WDDM 1.1 is incredibly bad for frame latency? xD

8. Rambo

Rambo Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 480->RX 560 w8 4 Vega
    Mhmm, especially in GTA 5

9. BugMeister

BugMeister Member Guru

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    I am running the 17.8 1b6 driver that AMD recently released for RIVA cards
    - it seems to be OK, but it's "experimental" as yet..

- for now, the official 17.7.2 driver that's available direct from AMD should work fine..

- make sure you have the latest version of TRIXX..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  10. Chastity

Chastity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 390 BP
    I can't use 17.8.1 b6 because Mantle is broken for DA:I