1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help configure and start FAH please

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by supageek, Oct 12, 2007.

1. supageek

supageek Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I downloaded FAH client for visit, ran it and nothing is happening except that its using like 1gb of my ram. Can someone help me configure this thing. Its been on for like 20 minutes and says "completed 0 out of 25000 steps". Thanks in advance. BTW this is my first time setting this up, Im a total noob. :)

2. DevilDude

DevilDude Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512Mb AGP
    Sounds like you're doing fine. It will only update you every 1% and for a lot of my work units 1% will take at least half an hour.

BTW which client did you download? The standard client, the SMP client or the V6 beta?

3. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Yes. You did it right. :) It can take a long time to complete 1%

You can download Fahmon and monitor your Work Unit's. It will tell you how many points it's worth, how many % it's done, and the ETA. With that Q6600 you should fly right through the ranks. :D

- CrossFire

4. Luvabud

Luvabud Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Just downloaded fahmon, set it up and it reports smp will take ETA 5 days 20 minutes, is that right? Because my cpu is at 100% and the standard client is alot quicker

5. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Give it a few minutes to get setup. I don't think that is right, I'm not sure, but I think SMP Client's have a 3 day deadline. If it doesn't go down, let it finish and see if you get points. If you don't get any points, start using the No-nonsense version and it's best to run it as a service, and run two of them. For more info go to The Definitive Folding @ Home Thread.

6. supageek

supageek Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    yeah thanks for alal the help guys. I have the console version 5.04 Ive completed one wu and on my second set. I want it to use 50% of my cpu but only uses a quarter. Is there something I can do to have it use 2 cores?

7. Luvabud

Luvabud Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Use the smp version,install it but before you run it, click on install.bat in F@H folder, enter then password and it should start two mpiexec(smpd), now run F@H, enter your user name and team number, enter all the way through or yes on advanced options and change pc ID number. After this is where it went wrong for me, running F@H as a service only runs at 25% and running F@H console as well would get 100% cpu but would take 5 days and there were 3 mpiexec running, 1 at cpu 40%, I disabled the F@H service, leave MPICH2 service on and have the console running, it now takes 41hours for me, 1760 points each time.

Edit:Just finished 1 smp, start stop start stop over the weekend, 33 hours it took overall, quite a leap from 5 days I think, I'll be folding during mon-fri weekends is playtime

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  8. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    And don't forget to run the install.bat file when installing SMP Client. ;)

9. supageek

supageek Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    thanks for the help guys.

10. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    No problem, thanks for folding for Guru3D. :)

Will you be folding 24/7 ?

- CrossFire