Help Choosing Cards

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Lamprey, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    I currently have a M-audio 2496 and a Titanium HD. Theyre connected to a Denon 1611 and outputs to wharfdales 10.1 in 5.1.

I use the titanium hd though optical for my 5.1 gaming (dts connect) and movies, the 2496 for my flac library through rca. You guys think the rca on the titanium hd are good enough to replace the 2496 for flac playing, or is this setup ideal?

2. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    Personally, I would pull the M-Audio 2496 from the computer and just run RCAs from the Titanium HD to the Denon 1611.
    And set the Denon to 2-channel when the headphones are plugged into it.
    I would also run HDMI from the computer's graphics card to the Denon, when using the 5.1 speakers. I guess also run HDMI from the Denon to the monitor/TV.

3. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Ty for your input, guess Ill have to A/B the Xfi vs 2496 rca setups when I get some time.

As for the hdmi suggestion, I tried that before and had too many headaches. Screen freezes when someone uses the TV, not good if gaming online. Not to mention the denon or the pc gets random hiccups.