HELP!!CCC completely gone!Cant do anything!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by anvancy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. anvancy

anvancy Member

GPU:
    PALIT 4850 SPECIAL512ddr5
    This problem started with 10.3. When I shifted to 10.4 while installing,it installed and after restart my CCC was completely gone.Absolutely nothing. No CCC in right click thing,nothing in start menu. But when we go in uninstalling programs,the Catalyst Control Center is there.

Have tried the detailed method of uninstalling CCC, safe mode driver sweeper ATI delete and then new driver installation.But still after this also I m facing the same problem.

The card clocks and fan speed is locked.Rivatuner cant find my driver.The only way I can install my driver is through device manager and custom install from AMD/ATI folder.

So I need help in finding out the solution for this!

Anvancy

2. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    If it is what I think it is you have 2 options

1) formate
    2) clean the registry manually of all ATi traces

In one year this happend to me maybe 3 times, extremly annoying, also only happend after I used driversweeper before installing a new driver.

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I've had a problem before, I think it was 10.4 that would not install the CCC no matter what.

Instead I could install 10.4a or 10.5 or 10.5a or any other version CCC.

Another time I have had the .Net go corrupt and had to format all together as .Net is integrated into Win 7 and a royal pain in the A to get rid so you can reinstall so much so it is just faster and easier to format.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    try drivercleaner or driversweeper. several times for me the driver would seem to install and then on reboot i got "no driver installed message or hardware not functioning".

this might seem wierd but it worked for me. what i did was drivercleaner install 10.3b (which are good drivers) then switched off pc. left computer, came back after work and driver installed.

dont ask me why but this has worked x2...i spent an hr once constantly installing drivers but every time ccc wouldnt install.

on the drivercleaner website have asked the creator what is up. plus i havent seen any comments re phyxion as to why driversweeper doesnt seem to work anymore.

6. awhit1

awhit1 New Member

GPU:
    560TiHawk SLI
    This works for me

Go to C:ATI/support/config and edit a file named installmanager with notepad or any text editor.
    Go to the line that reads Workaroundinstall=false and change it to true
    good luck

7. anvancy

anvancy Member

GPU:
    PALIT 4850 SPECIAL512ddr5
    This was the perfect solution!!

Thank you!

Anvancy