Hello!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AngryEmo, Jun 27, 2005.

1. AngryEmo

AngryEmo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6790
    Hello Guru3D and everybody whose made it soo popular.

Its been about two years I've been referring this site for all the happenings in the graphics arena and I say it rocks!

Thought of taking this passion to the next level by sharing my thoughts with the like minded, like you all.

Well something about me first?

I am AngryEmo. Angry cos my computer config says it all :p

Since there is nothing wonderful to say about computers.....

Me a die hard McLaren fan (4rom the Silver Arrows times and whew!! 2004 was a hard time) and a audio systems freak by hobby.

I chill out listening to DireStraits and its Metallica n Nirvana when I feel like head banging.

Enough said about me and hope to enjoy being here....

2. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    welcome to the community. enjoy your stay :)

3. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Welcome to Guru3D :D

LOL, I cant resist this...Your system is just funnyyyyyyy!, You can sell that thing for alot of money on Ebay I bet LMAO, Sorry...Couldnt resist.

Where you from btw?

4. nice computer! hahaha

if you are not new, how come you have 1 post though?

5. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Probably was a surfer of the forums and main site but never joined, Like me...Ive known this site since 2002 but never joined until 2004 :p.

6. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    That system of yours is so 1998. LOL j/k

7. LayZ

LayZ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X
    Well I guess it wont matter once 7800 grips the market....I guess all of us are going to get outdated pretty soon..:p

8. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Welcome to Guru3D!

9. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    Hmmmm....Pentium 450MHz???

I'm just curious to know what softwares do u run on that??.......
    But u have more RAM than me!!!!!!:D:D:D

10. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    Welcome! I'm very happy you joined, because now I don't have the slowest CPU on these forums anymore! Huray!

11. AngryEmo

AngryEmo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6790
    Hey Cybermarine,
    Thanks for the idea. Will definitely put atleast my GraphicCard on Ebay and check how much it can sell for. N, thanks for all the support again. Yes, I've been checking out only the main site till now (really, very very addicitive, I get pissed when there are no updates for even a day!).

Guess I've made a lot of people, who felt inferior due to the config they had, very very happy. Cheers guys, I own the lowest clocked comp in GURU forums!!

But sorry guys, your happiness will be a wee bit shortlived. I assemble computers as a hobby (maintainence is a big headache when it comes to newbies). I get to keep them for a day (very rarely even two). So I just load the games I wanna play, copy the saved games and have a ball for the night! Cool, huh?!

Layz just snatched my words! Bingo! Outdation. I say, buy the present day, mid-end comp.... sell it 8-12 months down the lane and go in for the mid-end comp of that day. The only thing is that your mind should help you settle in for less (the mid-end). I spent ~310 USD (shipping included) to get my GeForce 256 card during the QuakeIII days.

Bakuryu,
    My system runs absolutely fine for anything execpt nowadays games. WinXP SP2, Photoshop CS, 3DMax, Ulead Video Studio, Office 2003, Zone Alarm n Norton AV. I mainly do DTP on this comp. The photoshop n stuff are just used at the start n end of a DTP cycle, otherwise it is Office running all the time.

David16k = "Happiest member of the day!". Hurray!!

12. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    Hey whats up AngryEmo, welcome to the forums:cheers:

What do you do with Audio systems? It's a hobby of mine as well (and now a job)

13. FreeFall

FreeFall Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4800
    *I like this guy*

14. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  15. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Itrs not worth much.
    I got my PII450/440BX box here, its damn near worthless, even with a voodoo3 (probably the most valuble part)

16. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Welcome AngryEmo, hope you stay here is enjoyable. BTW. I've got an AST PII/266 running smooth as silk near me at the moment. I only use it to test printers on though :) and its most valuable part is probably the TNT-2 64 AGP card.

17. Luis_GT

Luis_GT Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X
    Welcome to the forums AngryEmo, I can say I have, well my dad has and still uses, a intel pentium 75mhz laptop with 1 gig of hdd and windows 95.

18. AngryEmo

AngryEmo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6790
    Arghhhhh! Have competition here too!... Too bad.

Hi techniques1200s..... any body else sailing on the same boat like me n u??
    I start salivating when I see new DIY stuff on the net. Now, since I am employed and can think of something DIY, I am planning to get two DPL12s and construct two subwoofers. But I want to make it a 3 way system (guess VIFA midrange WITH the DPL12s n not yet decided on the tweeters.) Also the customs charge a bomb (~100% customs duty!!).

When I get the cash to buy them, the question is.......
    Do I buy stuff to make two full range speaker units OR
    Do I bury this comp n buy a new one????
    And, man.... If you dont mind, please say so, I have a thousand (just jokin, well some) questions to ask :)

Blaise, I beat you there man! I still have a TNT 16MB which runs(onboard) and also own a SIS 6326 (16 MB) on which I used to play Unreal Tournament 2000!! ( This was my card before I upgraded to GeForce 256).

19. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    Welcome to the forums AngryEmo

20. Aidan777

Aidan777 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2070
    Welcome AngryEmo i use to have a geforce 256 >.< so we can be like old video card brothers :D