Hello from Maine, USA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Spivey, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Spivey

Spivey Guest

Hi everyone, I just registered.

I have a problem with downloading anything from the home page.
    After I accept the terms "Agree" my browser takes me straight to the home/front page without starting me... what have I overlooked? Please.

I want to enable CoolBits and I'm looking at what the best option is... Also like to get some help on adjusting my GeForce FX 5900nu with my system for games and movies for the best and most realistic general performance. I simply do not want to have to tweak the sob every time I play a different game but it always happens I need to - lol.

Thank you :rolleyes:

2. Spivey

Spivey Guest

Okay that was silly. I located an explanation.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This ingfo is actually already posted on the downlaod pages. basically what happens is that your firewall (likely Norton) is blocking information we need. Our software checks if other sites are not deeplinking to our files.

therefor the server checks referrer information. basically it tried to validate that you indeed are downloading the file from Guru3D.com pages. If that info is blocked you will be returned towards the homepage.

Try turning off the firewall for a couple of senconds and see if that helps. This error is not very comon though.