Hello and welcome to the new forums

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by h.hagedoorn, Aug 21, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I like the Dark Theme it need lil tweaks like some text (Reply Quote Like Report text under avator too) dont really pop out and are tad hard to read and when using the edit button, the background that gets ghosted out is still to bright for my tastes,Full edit is dark like i like it

I would love it if I could disable avatar on Topic listing, that is one thing I never liked about this form system.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Fantastic job Hilbert , thank you. Finally the forum scales perfect on my phone. I Like the dark skin a lot now, easier for my eyes. Loading time improved a lot too on my end. Keep up the good work Boss !

airbud7 and Maddness like this.
  3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    I like the new forums with the ability to Like posts etc, but can we have our PC specs back under our Avatars, or perhaps a signature bar that appears underneath the messages we post that contains our hardware configs? It's useful to see this info, out of curiosity, but also helps in troubleshooting or context providing.

EDIT: just read an earlier post from Hilbert: he's gonna add the hardware specs in a collapsable area underneath the avatar, so that answers my question! Although, signature bar underneath the actual message body would provide more space for specs & other 'free form' stuff you wanted to put in your signature, so I think that would be better.

4. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Guru3D Blue style shows Times New Roman as the default font for posts :-(
    Just by accident or just too much Ryse: Son of Rome for me?
    Helvetica from Dark looks way better!
    EDIT: Or is it just Arial?:confused:

5. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I like it. Good job. And new smiles. :D

airbud7 likes this.
  6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Out with the old, in with the new! Congratulations on the new Xenforo base forum, for sure it will improve what is already good.
    But I want to point a few bugs I've encountered:
    1. When I want to edit my personal details or change anything on my account I receive this message: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
    2. I assume the all database content wasn't mirrored to the new forum, I can't find my posts or threads I have started.No biggie, but I know it will be fixed.
    3. Not all my PM are shown in the inbox.
    4. I have started a new thread last weekend, it is not present on the current forum.
    As I stated above, I know that all bugs will be fixed and I have patience and faith in the new forum.Thanks Hilbert for our new forum.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Couple of screenshots with issues.

1. Is the empty field on the right by design in default scheme? It's not there in Dark and Guru3D Blue themes. (Also let's see what happens if I just post this screenshot as is.)

[​IMG]

2. Some ads are breaking the default theme width in mobile view right now. (Also let's see what will happen if I quote this screenshot)

Edit: Nice, image is scaled to window width by default now and quoting is inserting an image thumbnail.

8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Love the new dark theme. And a like button, wohoo.

9. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    I really really like the new forums ,WOW , and ive got 3 trophies :):):) Good Work Guru3d :cool: way to go .

Update , just received another trophy :)

airbud7, Maddness and Solfaur like this.
  10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    @anticupidon

1) You should be able to edit your profile now.
    2) There is still a script running, indexing all 5 millions posts. This should finish tonight. All content ever since 2000'ish has migrated along with the new forums (aside from the posts in the weekend).
    3) No idea there
    4) Yeah again, posts and threads made in the weekend are lost. The migration of the database took over 24 hours alone to finish up.

Singleton99 likes this.

11. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I also think the like button is a nice little feature, it will bring some extra fraternity among the gurus. I mean, facebook must be doing something right...

Maddness and chispy like this.
  12. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Good job, like the new look.

Hilbert Hagedoorn likes this.
  13. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The Dark Theme is quite nice, very much easier on the eyes then the new default setting.

The Editing buttons at the top of this reply box are weird.... blurry and hard to read, they need to be made more distinct, whether it's via different colors to have more contrast or losing the Dark Gray to Silver "Fade" effect. I think maybe just a solid Gray color with White symbols on the buttons, the same color scheme as the box I'm typing in, would be much easier to read.

Congrats on the new release and thanks for all the hard work!

14. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Fine by me, nice to know it's a possibility :).

15. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Yay! Yay! Yay! So fast and the dark theme!!!! Kudos!!!!

Hilbert Hagedoorn likes this.

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    1) It is a little empty right now yes, but it serves as a placeholder for future stuff. Inevitably I want to link the latest articles and news items etc in there.
    2) I am aware of that yes, hoping it can be fixed.

dr_rus likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    would like setting to remove Topic creators avatar next to List of topics in each forum, This probably the 1 thing I never liked about this forum system

[​IMG]

The bellow code will block them in uBlock Origins, which what i do to the sites that use this forums system, cause they dont have that option to hide them either , I much prefer not to resort to that though

Code:
    forums.guru3d.com##.posterAvatar.listBlock
    With out Avators
    [​IMG]

Quick edits back ground that get ghosted out is to bright can we make the darker

[​IMG]

sammarbella likes this.
  18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Another minor layout issue:

[​IMG]

The background image in the header ends on >~2400px window width. You should probably tile it seeing as it's already mirrored several times.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Finally!

20. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    hey guys. sorry if this has already been brought up, i didnt actually read all six pages (kind of in a rush right now, first time for everything!)...anybody noticed that animated avatars are half broken? not that this is a high priority issue in the slightest, but my moose is static unless you view my profile :*(