Hellblade

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Mar 8, 2015.

1. chix_AHOY

chix_AHOY Active Member

GPU:
    RX 580 4gb Pulse
    although pc performance fix (on amd gpu) are not listed on the patch notes, after 2 patches performnace has greatly improved particularly on the beach location

tnx ninja theory

2. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I know people don't like turning settings down...I know I don't and at the start of the game the performance was ok. Maybe 45 absolutely maxed and it looked amazing.

But in later levels performance is worse...lots of fire etc, and on my 1080 ti it became really bad. Maybe 35 frames ai I dropped everything to medium except textures which I left on max. The game was still only running at about 45 frames.

Even though I had read a performance breakdown that showed post processing to only be reaponsible for about 11% of the performance, people online said setting it to low fixed the performance.

So I turned it to low and got 60 frames right away. I even turned everything else that was on medium up to high and still had a few more frames than I did with everything on medium.

So if you want half decent performance. I really suggest post processing in low...hower compromising it seems.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I got a near locked 75 fps all around (very slight drops only in late game) with maxed settings @ 1080p w/ 980 Ti.

What resolution are you playing at? A 1080 Ti should handle the game maxed easily.

4. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I'm playing at 4k.

My performance is the same as everywhere else is showing.

41.3fps on very high on a 1080ti according to this. Which is what I am getting with drops down to around 35. Even turning most all of the settings down to medium instead of very high you only gain about 5 frames, that is with textures on very high. The only setting that made a difference was turning post processing down to low, which added almost 20 frames. In my mostly medium preset.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/4.html

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    The game manages to tick all of my emotional boxes and I can't stop myself from crying.

jbscotchman likes this.
  6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Amazing video

jbscotchman likes this.
  7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ highly recommend this one, it's quite unique an experience and combat is very satisfying. Also playing Souls style fits right in ;)

10. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Did this game get a major performance increase from the driver side of things at some point?

Because I already had patch 1.02 when I stopped playing it because of performance and jumped from a much older driver to the newest one recently and performance was way up.

At 4k absolutely maxed performance is still garbage...like 35-45 frames on my 1080ti but before when I turned post processing to low it woulf give my like 45-55 frames....which is a big improvement....the only setting in the game that really makes a difference.

But now with those same settings. All very high except post procesing on low at 4k I am basically locked at 60 frames at all times...

Way more playable that before. Maybe it's just the levek I was on that had bad performance....the dark wooden maze with the spreading fire.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    New dev diary.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    So awesome. Ninja Theory are great.
    I can't wait to see what the do next.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I'm sorry to necro this thread, but as I bought the game at Christmas and haven't been able to play it since, I turned off everything last night, no lights, no other sounds, just the game and me in a dark room...

Oh boy... what a start to the game. Really got me wanting to play on! I like the game so far, only 2 hours or so in though. But the puzzles are already a little annoying... finding the single angle on which you can do the puzzles is a little challanging for a more shooting fighting orientated player like me, but that's okay, it's something different. Story wise I still have little ideas about why she's doing all that, why she's carrying what I'd call a head in a bag with her etc. but it works. Performance wise I play maxed at 1440p and it's running fine, thanks to a Gsync monitor, but the frametime jumps are bad at times... feels like stuttering even above 60fps all the time.

My main issue is that the games really, really low on volume on my system... is there any way to help this besides buying headphones? Although I have to admit this was the first game I thought I should finally get myself a worthy pair of such... any advice? Advice to a good gaming headset maybe?

14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    I am really happy with my Logitech g633's. I had an steelseries wireless optical headset before that, but sadly just stopped working, dam HUB issue! The sound was amazing though and they are very good on the Logitech pair with a good EQ setting. They come with dolby surround too which sounds very good.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    This game was designed around using headphones.
    Because of the voices Senua hears, the presentation of them is best heard with headphones.

But, I don't remember having any volume issues when I played it without, as my wife wanted to watch the game. So, we just cranked up the volume on my speakers and went with that.
    But, it is such a damn great game. Really excited to see what Ninja Theory do next.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I have tried playing on just a surround system and for me the voices are there but barely audible, might be able to fiddle with my levels to fix that but my levels are fine for everything else.

But yea they recommend good to great surround sound headphones to get the most out of this game.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes I was already surprised by the note in the beginning that the game was designed around surround headphones. Oh well.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Voices work fine for me with surround (5.1) system.

I could swear I'm hearing things when playing :D

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehe only running 2.1 may be the issue here, a properly coded surround sound, be it games or movies, usually leaves voices low for me. Like I said, it's quiet on my rig, not that the game's broken or anything :)

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I got a major beef with this game. It was a game I was always interested in and was pleasantly suprised when it came to PC, and did a lot of research on it before I bought it. I know the developers were focusing on mental health issues, etc and its a very dramatic and emotional game. I love it, but the problem is it's too procreating difficult! I am so close to the end and I am dying to see how things end for Senua but I've spent more time watching youtube guides than actually enjoying the game for myself. The sound, and graphics are amazing but all it's done is frustrate me to the point I literally broke my phone in half out of frustration.

Edit: I beat the dragon. And I am doing my procreating hardest to complete the rest of this. Congrats Ninja Theory, I guess you accomplished what you set out to do. If making the most exhausting and stressful game ever is what you intended well, you are champions at that.

Edit: The dragon is not the end.There is so much more. I am trying my procreating hardest to beat this game.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    MaCk0y likes this.