Hell has frozen over!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Morpheous416, Jan 15, 2007.

1. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    feel sorry for u guys!!summer here and its a warm day of 30c hehehe,but in our town last winter we had snow to sealevel which is very unusal for this area the city basiclly shut down,no power or phone the services here could,nt handle it

2. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Yeah, Here in Michigan we had a Snow-Day....There was only a few inches on the ground but the roads were icy...

3. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    well got our heater working (new blower motor) so yes, now the house is nice and toasty, as am I. :D

4. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    Well since we got a laptop to use in a hotel, might as well update really quick.

Our county is still without power, but 30 or so crews have been sent to start the major repairs. Hopefully our town will be up and running by mid Wed afternoon if not by evening. We're not expecting the homes to be fully re-wired and powered back up till late Thursday, early Friday morning.

To say the least, this has been one hell of a costly storm. Not only for the community but for us as well...so for those of you who really like winter!! YOU CAN KEEP IT!!

:D

5. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    I had a fun day driving yesterday. I didn't go in for my first class because the town hadn't even bothered to plow the roads until after the rush. Prepared my @$$. Even then, they did a crappy job. Took me a little longer.

Fortunately I don't live north of Toronto. Highway 400 (a very busy route) was closed most of the day yesterday because a minivan was driving to close and skidded into a tanker truck carrying LOX. Fortunately nobody was injured. Canadians have to be the dumbest people on earth. Every year they know winter is coming but they're never prepared for it. :p

6. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    where are you exactly?

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    God i hate the US, and you're gas guzzlers.

Global Warmings hit the UK i'm up north and live pretty high up(near LBIA highest airport in country) and its still 8-11°c here during the day, when i moved here 8 years ago it would be about -1°c and snow loads from like december, last year it didn't snow until March! even in my old house like 30 miles south and much lower it used to snow loads when i lived there.

8. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Actually, Britain has the greatest concentration of hot air in a single place. It's called Buckingham Palace. :D
    Seriously, every time Chuckles and Philly opens their mouths, it's like nails on the chalk board.

I've never really bought into the whole global warming thing. The late winter here is due to El Nino. We had the same kind of winter in 1998. Actually, this summer was cooler than last, and we had quite a chilly fall.

9. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    well i just spent 500$ on some new tires from my truck, because last night I had the munchies, and after a stop at the clinic I went to get some pizza, and there was a small ramp going down and my damned jeep wouldnt stop, I almost crashed into the intersection if it wasnt for my counter-strike reflexes, and so i steered all the way right so my truck would stop, and I stopped it inches from the intersection where I would of def been toast..

10. Morpheous416

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    Where am I? Right smack dab in the middle of Missouri. Last update as of today, most of our town has power...so it's only going to be a matter of time, whether it's today or tomorrow, that our homes should be done too. Can't wait, getting tired of being stuck in an expensive hotel. (not to mention going back to the stone age on this laptop!)

11. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    6 inches in nebraska -23 degrees windchill. i hate winter. plus the fact that i'm on crutches after acl surgery, ice is the last thing i need!

12. Morpheous416

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    Tonite's temp is supposed to get done to 0. So...the wind chill will bring it down below 0...not good. Just seen on the news that part of the US, can't remember where it was, I think Utah, got down to -19F !

13. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Is Missouri Hell? My dad's from Sedalia

14. Morpheous416

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    That's why its called Misery...

On top of the power not being on for quite some time now, our town's been on the news twice this week already being called a disaster left and right. Yesterday didn't go so well either, as two people were found dead in their home from carbon monoxide poisoning.

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    60-80mph winds here, trains are all cancelled, tracks flooded, tree's snapping, a tree about 75-100cm thick and pretty high has snapped clean in half. and its still like 8°c. Global warming is definatly here.

16. Sparx

Sparx Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    ^ Same. Except it's around 11-13°c...

17. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
  18. Morpheous416

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    Not too many tornadoes rip thru Michigan!!! So we still have one up on ya when it comes to miserable weather.....though it gets mighty cold up there.

Anywho...we finally got power to our house last nite, and I'll stop on by tomorrow after uploading the pics of all the ice and damage we were able to get. As of right now though, most of it is melting away leaving nothing but obliterated trees and tons of yard cleanup to do.

19. Morpheous416

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    As promised, here are some of the pics we took of the damage around our house. This pretty much sums it up for everyone in our neighborhood, but the more trees people had around them, the bigger the disaster.

LINK

56K Warning: Most pics are 3072 * 2304