Heatsink/fan for Abit max 3...help !!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by MIKEEE, Oct 28, 2008.

1. MIKEEE

MIKEEE Master Guru

GPU:
    X1650 Pro
    My cpu fan is starting to make some strange sounds and suspect its on the way out. As you see by my pc is now rather old and not used for gaming anymore.
    So I need a heatsink/fan for a Abit IC7-max3 and P4 3.2 Prescott cpu, can anyone point me in the wright direction because I am no longer up to scratch on this topic..

If I am correct there is a select few that will fit this mobo because of the OTES.

2. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Just search for "socket 478 cpu cooler". I'm pretty sure 90% of 478 coolers should fit. They were just a cube lookin' thing.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  3. MIKEEE

MIKEEE Master Guru

GPU:
    X1650 Pro
    Thanks the new fan and heatsink are in, just waiting to replace the OTES fan now. Will this motherboard run with the OTES removed altogether...?

4. gampamu

gampamu Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTS 320
    It cools the MOSFET's, caps and such. Why would you want to remove it?

5. MIKEEE

MIKEEE Master Guru

GPU:
    X1650 Pro
    The noise that is coming from the fan is unbearable at the moment, the new OTES fan wont be here for a week....
    I had the OTES off today and cleaned it all, it is now worse than before....

6. gampamu

gampamu Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTS 320
    Maybe you can remove it till the new fan arrives and position a spare fan over the area normally cooled by the OTES.

7. MIKEEE

MIKEEE Master Guru

GPU:
    X1650 Pro

I have plenty of room in the case (CM Stacker) to do this, but how I dont know...:)