HearthStone - Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    If anyone wishes to add btw, Omagana#2742

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Will do so.
    Also I got the app installed, turned out that once you change the phone to English language (was using German), the store lets you install it. Turned the phone back to German then, and noticed the German language version was already included in the program... rather lame work on the German store they, all they'd have to do is update, since the app clearly is ready.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    I have 3 Beta Keys left to hand out. PM me if you're interested.

They only work on a EU Battle.net Account.

4. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    Did you mean to post this in the Heroes of the Storm thread?

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Yep, lol

Bad idea to post stuff when you just woke up :D

6. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    Been getting this spectate a friend quest lately, so would be good to add anyone who plays. The reward each time is a classic card pack.

Omagana#2742

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Will add you Omagana, Fantaskarsef#2166 is my account.

8. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    edit

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    If you're looking for a team of five you're most likely talking about Heroes of the Storm, no? :)

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Hey guys, I'm having a technical problem with Hearthstone since I switched to win10. Performance is horrible, the game runs at 23fps... slideshow hello. I already uncapped the fps and deactivated vsync with the options.txt, but the game simply continues to run at 23fps.

Is there some trick I missed? Does one have to edit the driver profile with the inspector? I'd be thankful for any advice.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Wow, has this game gone to sh*t, some cards are just too OP...

Was winning against a hunter, and boom, some rare gave him full hp back when he doesn't have "duplicates" in his hands or deck can't remember.

Came across alot of people with that card, how is anyone able to win against that? i play standard, this card should be considered a "wild" card or nerfed.
    Same with the mage secret that gives 8 armor, seems a bit OP tbh.

My deck isn't bad, i've won alot of times, especially with my rogue and hunter.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Uhm... what rare was that which restores life to full? I only know that from Reno (Jackson, Legendary from League of Explorers, soon to be wild because of standard rotation), or druid's Tree of Life which restores EVERYONE to full health, you too (and I think it's an epic). Ice barrier was also around for such a long time, you can't still be surprised by that can you?

Yeah thing with HS is, it gets more and more broken with every expansion, that's why they had to introduce a Standard format in the first place. Only counter to Reno decks? Be faster, kill them before turn 6 (or hope they ain't got Reno), or do a one turn kill (OTK, like druid OTK or priest OTK decks). But as I mentioned above, after the next expansion Reno will rotate into wild format (and out of arena mode too, but you hardly saw it there anyway), so you won't have to deal with them in standard ranked mode either.

Currently hunter's hard to pull off (without a Reno :D), but it's doable. Still odd against so many of the aggro decks... Rogue performs really well imho, if you play the right kind of rogue deck that ist.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Yea i think that's the one, Jackson.

I'll be honest, i still use old decks but i still pull off some wins now and then.
    Priests are also a pain to play against.

I'll take a look online and make another deck, i can always disenchant everything to make a certain deck.
    Atm i got around 240 dust and lots of rare/epics i don't use.

I've always used the old standard cards cause i'm familiar with tho's decks wich is why i haven't changed a thing.

Weirdly enough my hunter's deck is considered a wild deck, while they're all basic cards i can't figure out wich card makes it a wild deck.
    Is there a way to look wich one's are?

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes, Reno is going to rotate out of Standard once the next expansion is released (April iirc). You won't have to worry too much about him anymore by then :D

Well with the upcoming rotation and the Year of the Mammoth you will get a little extra dust for some cards because they are going to rotate out of Standard even though they're classic cards. Ragnaros Firelord, Sylvanas Windrunner, Azure Drake, Conceal, Ice Lance and another card I can't recall right now will give you their dust value (the one that's required to craft them!) for free, but you won't be able to use them any more in Standard matches.

Well, you could try to make a new deck in Standard format and then add the same cards and see if they are available. I think once you convert a deck to wild (and that might have happened), you can't convert it back to Standard, even if the cards would be standard only. Other than that you can filter out the older expansions (those not in current standard) and see if you've got any cards you added to your deck. Only cards from Blackrock Mountain or newer are allowed in Standard until the next rotation (April).

Hope I can help a bit :)

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I'm always on the offense, i got a paladin to 1 health vs my 25 health and i had complete control on the board and then woop AoE kills all of them and he heals himself up. :(

You can lose in so many annoying ways makes me mad lol.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah, it's not like it used to be, rush him down and wait for him to concede... Paladins can heal for 50+ in their decks even without Reno Jackson.

I had a game in the arena the other week, a paladin healed himself for 42 points. In the arena. I almost lost my sanity, still beat him, but omg... 62 damage to the enemy hero to kill him. In the arena! z0mg!

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The new Un'Goro expansion is now out. I only started playing again on a bit of a whim last Sunday and said to myself that I'll try and take a slightly more serious stance with the game this time around and I must say I'm rather enjoying it!

Up untill now I've only really been playing very casually, just playing a few rounds and stumbling my way through games where the opponent plays some "OP" card that pisses me off and I throw in the towel for months but now I've decided to stubbornly stick with it and after some crafting and opening of the newer packs I'm finally starting to win games.

I've opened 6 Un'Goro packs today and got some decent cards for the mage which is what I'm focusing on at the moment and as a nice bonus, since some of my pre-Un'Goro cards got moved to Wild I received a nice chunk of dust which allowed me to craft some of the other cards I wanted.

I'm sure I get owned by some of the afore mentioned "OP" cards again or get schooled by some of the cheese decks but untill then I'm gonna try and stick with it and enjoy the game as I'm a bit burnt out on the usual types of games I play.

19. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    I made it to 15 on Wild Ranked this month......super happy about that.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Grats mate! :)
    I usually roam around 10-3 or 2, made Legend with coaching though in August.

But we shall see if this game persists with all the issues ActiBlizz is facing, both in terms of community backlash (politics, I don't want to widen the discussion here), but also declining appeal to the e-sports community.