Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 29, 2013.
There isn't much of a track record to speak of...
Won't charge for what? They already have the option to pay $$$ for packs and arena entry.
Or are you trying to say imply that they will suddenly make even the basic play mode cost money to play once beta ends?
The cash shop is already in place. You don't need to pay a penny to win. The game is 90% RNG, the other 10% is how you pick the cards in arena. Those cards are RNG, the class you get to choose from is RNG. There's no paying for winning.
Also how is Blizz track record anything like what you say? SC/SC2, no money shop. WoW, monthly sub, some minor micro transactions. D3, ok, there's a RMAH, but that's actually being removed because a lot of people hated it. Hearthstone, again, cash shop, if you want to speed up your progress, but it's worth nothing in the Arena, plus it's a RNG card game. What are you on about?
Cool game but I don't know if it's my thing. A lot of strategy I suppose Not my strong suit.
No one else playing anymore ?
I've been playing a fair bit recently.
I'm sorry to necro this thread, but the forum search didn't find anything better than the game thread.
I'm going on vacation in more or less two months, and I'd like to pick up a cheap tablet capable of running Hearthstone (more or less) decently. My netbook already freezes in the collection when it comes to moving animations on gold cards, so I wouldn't trust it to run any real games.
So what I thought about it, I'd say I'd want to go for an android tablet to not mix platforms too much (already own my gaming rig, my HTPC, and my Nexus 5 smartphone). Also, I'd like the tablet to be capable of viewing the occasional movie, as well as basic things like checking emails and looking at a youtube video overy now and then, as well as browsing guru forums
Does anybody have an idea of what cheap tablet could run hearthstone?
Hmm not sure, "cheap" tablets are usually garbage. I sometimes play Hearthstone on my Nexus 9, runs pretty well can be sluggish at times though.
One thing to bear in mind, I'm pretty sure there's a screen size requirement to play it (minimum 7" I think).
Actually it's above 6", so phablets and larger smartphones can play it too. If only it was officially supported, I'd play it on my Nexus 5. It works, but it drains the battery too fast, and the things like the options button (neat for exiting the game) becomes very, very small.
I'm even surprised it can be sluggish on the Nexus 9, since it's a kickass piece of hardware.
It runs well enough, but there are slight hiccups at times. I think you'll get that on any tablet, just mentioned it as I get the impression the game isn't particularly well optimised.
and yeah, even at 9" the scaling makes building a deck more tedious. I wouldn't go much smaller.
I understand that it isn't particularly optimized, but I thought with the hardware the Nexus9 has, it should run pretty well.
I think I could go with a slightly smaller screen tbh, as not everybody wants to invest that sort of money like the Nexus9's price.
Thanks anyway for your feed back, interesting to see that the game isn't that optimised at all.
They only recently updated it to have immersive mode (where it auto-hides the navigation bar in full screen), pretty shocking it took so long. You couldn't see your hand without pressing on each card to look at it.
Yeah, noticed that being quite annoying too, since I had a hard time quitting with that little button, whereas I could just kill it now. Decent ;-)
hehe great news, I was waiting on this. Good thing I hesitated to order a tablet, as I've literally ordered one minutes ago. Cancelling an order not even read by an employee should make it easier
So now, I'll head to the play store... only to find out it's still not supported by the German language play store. D'oh.
Thanks for posting Omagana!
Runs well on my Moto X, they give you a free card pack for playing a game too ^.^
Hehe yeah, I got that one already as I used the manual download to install Hearthstone on my Nexus 5 already.
Obviously must try this on my LG G3
Dammit, still not available for me... I hope I can set the language to English (like on my gaming rig and htpc), as you unfortunately can't change your play store's language that easily...
Well, still there's no German version / no downloadable version on the German store page, yet if you set your device to English, it lets you download it with ease. Trying to do so just now, horribly slow transfer rate though...
edit: now that I installed it, the program works flawlessly, and the performance is way better than with the workaround tablet version! I see my productivity reach new lows at work