HearthStone - Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    There isn't much of a track record to speak of...

2. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Won't charge for what? They already have the option to pay $$$ for packs and arena entry.

Or are you trying to say imply that they will suddenly make even the basic play mode cost money to play once beta ends?

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The cash shop is already in place. You don't need to pay a penny to win. The game is 90% RNG, the other 10% is how you pick the cards in arena. Those cards are RNG, the class you get to choose from is RNG. There's no paying for winning.

Also how is Blizz track record anything like what you say? SC/SC2, no money shop. WoW, monthly sub, some minor micro transactions. D3, ok, there's a RMAH, but that's actually being removed because a lot of people hated it. Hearthstone, again, cash shop, if you want to speed up your progress, but it's worth nothing in the Arena, plus it's a RNG card game. What are you on about?

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cool game but I don't know if it's my thing. A lot of strategy I suppose :) Not my strong suit.

5. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    No one else playing anymore ?

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I've been playing a fair bit recently.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I'm sorry to necro this thread, but the forum search didn't find anything better than the game thread.

I'm going on vacation in more or less two months, and I'd like to pick up a cheap tablet capable of running Hearthstone (more or less) decently. My netbook already freezes in the collection when it comes to moving animations on gold cards, so I wouldn't trust it to run any real games.

So what I thought about it, I'd say I'd want to go for an android tablet to not mix platforms too much (already own my gaming rig, my HTPC, and my Nexus 5 smartphone). Also, I'd like the tablet to be capable of viewing the occasional movie, as well as basic things like checking emails and looking at a youtube video overy now and then, as well as browsing guru forums ;)

Does anybody have an idea of what cheap tablet could run hearthstone?

8. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    Hmm not sure, "cheap" tablets are usually garbage. I sometimes play Hearthstone on my Nexus 9, runs pretty well can be sluggish at times though.

One thing to bear in mind, I'm pretty sure there's a screen size requirement to play it (minimum 7" I think).

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Actually it's above 6", so phablets and larger smartphones can play it too. If only it was officially supported, I'd play it on my Nexus 5. It works, but it drains the battery too fast, and the things like the options button (neat for exiting the game) becomes very, very small.

I'm even surprised it can be sluggish on the Nexus 9, since it's a kickass piece of hardware.

10. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    It runs well enough, but there are slight hiccups at times. I think you'll get that on any tablet, just mentioned it as I get the impression the game isn't particularly well optimised.

and yeah, even at 9" the scaling makes building a deck more tedious. I wouldn't go much smaller.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I understand that it isn't particularly optimized, but I thought with the hardware the Nexus9 has, it should run pretty well.

I think I could go with a slightly smaller screen tbh, as not everybody wants to invest that sort of money like the Nexus9's price. :D

Thanks anyway for your feed back, interesting to see that the game isn't that optimised at all.

12. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    They only recently updated it to have immersive mode (where it auto-hides the navigation bar in full screen), pretty shocking it took so long. You couldn't see your hand without pressing on each card to look at it.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah, noticed that being quite annoying too, since I had a hard time quitting with that little button, whereas I could just kill it now. Decent ;-)

14. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en...=external-sso&utm_medium=other&utm_source=App

[​IMG]

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    ZOMG!

hehe great news, I was waiting on this. Good thing I hesitated to order a tablet, as I've literally ordered one minutes ago. Cancelling an order not even read by an employee should make it easier ;)

So now, I'll head to the play store... only to find out it's still not supported by the German language play store. D'oh.

Thanks for posting Omagana!

16. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    Runs well on my Moto X, they give you a free card pack for playing a game too ^.^

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Hehe yeah, I got that one already as I used the manual download to install Hearthstone on my Nexus 5 already.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Obviously must try this on my LG G3 :)

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Dammit, still not available for me... I hope I can set the language to English (like on my gaming rig and htpc), as you unfortunately can't change your play store's language that easily...

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well, still there's no German version / no downloadable version on the German store page, yet if you set your device to English, it lets you download it with ease. Trying to do so just now, horribly slow transfer rate though...

edit: now that I installed it, the program works flawlessly, and the performance is way better than with the workaround tablet version! I see my productivity reach new lows at work :D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015