Heart Attack Grill

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Mar 12, 2011.

1. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I don't see why you care what other people do to their own bodies. If people want to eat that **** then let them. Natural Selection anyone?

And like others have said, It's called Heart Attack Grill, your acting as if they're somehow tricking people that eat the food they serve is healthy.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The sight of that quadruple burger beeing pressed and fat running out like water out of a sponge...:bonk:

3. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    This is free country.No one is forcing you to eat there!
    I bet that if you went there to eat once a month and had a medium burger and an ordinary sugar cola nothing would happen to you.
    Its not the food thats killing you!Its the amount you eat!
    If you want to eat yourself to death,be my guest!
    There is nothing unethical about it!

Again no one is forcing you to eat there!
    Plus,the name of the firm says clearly "Heart attack!"

4. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    Right.....because they are not..... :D

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's fine. It's offering a service that people are in no way being forced to use. With that said, the mere thought of that place makes me paranoid and I feel like my arteries are clogging from just hearing about it. I'd never eat there, ever.

6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Like I said, you can try and bring it back to basic logic by using the Natural Selection argument but that's bull****. We don't live in a society where the fittest survive any more. Infact the definition of survival and success is incredibly blurred and smudged that most walks of life from a certain point of view can be considered successful and beneficial to the gene pool. Those people who are able to gain weight and keep it on would have been absolutely crucial to some hostile environments, and in another completely different time frame would have been the champions of the land.

You lack that which makes humans human. Maybe that's because you're a dragon. Hmmm.

7. Pyro the Dragun

Pyro the Dragun Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 555M
    I'll just take that as a compliment of sorts. :)

I've just grown weary of seeing idiotic people willfully go down the wrong path and then act surprised when it blows up in their face. You say I lack an aspect of humanity, I say I've seen that humanity and it rarely helps or solves anything. Empathy/sympathy certainly are good qualities to posses, too bad I have neither for stupid people that aren't willing to help themselves.

8. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I would try if given a chance..why not right?

9. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Correct.

Its about choice at the end and it looks like damn good one.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Ok so....Oprah enters the building......

addiction is what it is
    We should stop selling sexy clothes for women so we dont temp those with sex addiction.
    We should ban the internet for those with net addiction.
    WE should stop fat people from buying any food cus they are fat addicted.
    we should stop making light switches for those that have absessive disorders so they can't flick them on and off no more..
    where does it end?
    Its ok for a obese person to walk into subways and get 5 subs?should we have laws that limit the food we sell to obese people?
    I dont mean to make light of sieruos heath issues that are in our society in any way.
    bars and resterants with names like "frenchys" or "sun tavern" that sell alcohol kill people alittle bit every day and we dont get all up in arms over that but a fat guy eating a whale sized bugger at the "it will clog you up grill" is immoral?
    Now thats immoral

Sry to dumb down the disscussion this morning :nerd:

11. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    Why so serious?
    The heart attack grill is only this popular because they made the "unhealthy amount of fat" in today's restaurants their slogan. Which is good, because it raises people's attention to todays obesity.

But they also make a joke out of it, and nobody believes the part with the "heart attack". Seriously, if i only the people believing the danger just because the boss told them, then... it would be like Jack Sparrow in the conversation with 2 soldiers at the pier: I'm here to rip out my black soul, plunder etc. and nobody believes him pirating be it for not believing a pirate ugh. my english is not good enough to explain. sorry

Anyway I would like to say that this heart attack grill boss behaves like Jack Sparrow. Watch PoC 1 with the conversation at the harbor (here to rip out my black soul and plunder.. etc. and you'll know what i mean) I have to watch PoC in english first to learn the right words to describe, so somebody help me out here!

12. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Whats with all you health freaks...damn...just live life and enjoy yourself...your gonna die eventually anyways

13. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    I like this.

14. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Well now isn't this rich.
    Someone wagging their finger at someone and preaching what their morals should be, if that doesn't scream elitism. Everyone has different morals, either through upbringing or through life experiences, for one to force their morals onto another is not being very moral themselves, and is being very judgmental and rigid.

This whole mentality of "I do not like it so therefore; everyone should not like it" is BS of the highest order. Who are you to look down your nose at others who do not think or behave as you do? Maybe you should look at yourself, before condemning others. Let people enjoy what ever foods they want to eat, if you want to eat Styrofoam and cardboard tasting food, then so be it, that is your prerogative. And when you people do not get their way, it is off to the elected officials to force your brand of life onto another through BS social justice laws, that have unintended consequences. Your type of mentality is to save people from themselves, because they are too dumb or need to shown YOUR correct path of life and how it should be fulfilled, thereby violating their RIGHTS on how they want to live. This type of mentality really is a mental disorder. Just leave people alone.

Not everyone wants to live healthy, not everyone wants to take care of their bodies, people just want to have a lil fun while on this mud ball we call Earth, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i would eat there only for the lard, ewwwwwww

16. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Unlike the examples that you provided Heart Attack Grill does not provide a beneficial service to either the community or an individual, it's sole purpose is tell sell food that isn't good for you in the most extreme way.

Sexy clothing helps us express our sexuality, the internet is one of the greatest tools of communication ever invented, food, well food is obvious, alcohol has been proven to be beneficial in regulated doses. Heart Attack Grill is not beneficial in any regard or dose, the entire premise of it's restaurants is to cause death/debilitating injuries. It causes problems with the eating culture in American society by promoting obessity and unhealthy eating through the use of obesse spokes persons and sexualising the entire thing with scantily clad nurses. At least with subway you got the promotion of healthy eating and weight lose. And lets not lie to ourselves, there are huge (no pun) eating culture problems with the southern states.

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Apart from the fact that at the end of the day its a business that works, pays its rates and no doubt the owner now has a reasonable retirement fund its no worse than McDonalds/Burger King ~(socially/perceived) and the like. Im fairly sure most people wouldn't even order anything bigger than the double.

Subway is hardly a promotion of healthy eating tbh.

18. Wrote a whole reply for my freind ZinJin, but then realized..whats the point. Tired of my thread being a argument outlet.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2011
  19. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    If you had a business that gives babies cancer and makes it look sexy that works, pays the rates and gives the owner a reasonable retirement fund, wouldn't you morally object? You have to have standards for certain practices, the free market NEEDs regulation to stop corruption. Why do you think there was a depression 2 years ago? Unregulated banking that led to corruption.

Subway promotes a healthy spokes person who loses weight by exercise and proper diet. I'm not saying that Subway DOESN'T have unhealthy sandwiches, which they most certainly do. I never said I was happy with BK or McDonalds either, but who would eat that **** anyway, it's like eating processed barf.

20. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Hey, things could be worse, how about food that weakens you considerably in a short space of time?