1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart Attack Grill

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by cartdog, Mar 12, 2011.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    have yall heard of Epic Meal Time? http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicMealTime

You gotta stuff your face at least a few times in your life. You can do anything you want as long as you do it responsibly, just like alcohol, sex, or firearms. Those people in the video however clearly aren't resposnsible. I think it was a bad idea to give out free food to fat people. At least have a voucher for a meal like, 10th meal free etc, but compensating a meal is probably nothing to a resturant anyway?

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Why is that when people get fat, or they smoke, or they drink heavily, that when they "Beat" the thing everyone cheers?

I don't get any cheering because I manage to stay healthy, don't smoke, and only drink occasionally? Where's my applause for DOING THE RIGHT THING?

Stupid. If people are stupid enough to do it, it's their fault in the first place. This is survival of the fittest!

If you want to fix these problems. Fix the root cause. Education, Common sense, and not expecting everyone to hand you things on a silver platter, or blame it on other people and take some responsibility for your own life.

Don't know about you but I'm sick of people suing each other because they tripped over a rock, and somehow it's the governments fault that rock shouldn't of been there instead of them just watching where they are going.

Which is probably what's going to happen here. Someone stupid enough will go there have a heart attack and get sued when it was their own fault.

3. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    Im down for the whole free speach stuff, its not really a issue...but I think even being allowed to operate a establishment like that, that is KNOWN to be a health hazard, shouldnt be allowed.

So the customers have free speach, but the owner has a act of responcibility towards his customers, which he isnt showing. Everyones annoyed with being told how we should look, but thats a completely different issue. It goes beyond free speach when people die. I dont believe anyone wants to eat themselves to death, if they do im afraid they have some mental problems. Instead of being 350Lbs and over you eat free it should be 350Lbs and over you cant eat here. And if your gonna kilol people, which is what hes doing....its just a covered up form of euthenasia, then atleast provide them with a real doctor so they can see how this is affecting there health.

4. zinjin

zinjin Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga
    How is he killing people? The product(s) he sells are all legal. He isn't killing anyone, and people know that buying and eating at his establishment probably isn't the healthiest choice, but they do it anyways. People need to quit interjecting their own issues onto others.

Enough of the nanny-ism, and let people live their own lives instead of how you think they should live.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Health hazard?
    come on cartdog everythings a health hazard these days,dont try to save me from myself.
    Like can i make this stuff at my home or should they outlaw me from making a kick butt burger?(never had one of these)they got candy bars 3 feet long should we put heath warning on them too?
    People have to take responsibility for their actions else it would be like the Irobot movie.
    When i was younger i would go out to eat and some places had 52oz steaks"if you finish it you dont pay" type thing.I WAS IN GREAT SHAPE i'd order 52oz steak,cheese fries and a diet coke.the waitress would look at me and my (buick sized ass)gf and say you cant finish all that,i was like watch me.I'd always pay even if i did beat the time limit thou cus i liked the places and wanted to go back after that.
    Wth they took my pictures and put them on the walls!lol
    i put 600lb guys to shame in eating contests.(i'm 200lb now 180 then)Its they went home and watched tv i busted my ass working riding my bike and hiking.
    heck your name makes my mouth water he he
    I wont even tell you how may chineese buffets that would put up the "were closed sign when they see me coming. lol
    (i'd always have to leave a good tip so they did not hold out on the fresh stuff they bring out)I'm not obese or a burdin to our tax payers i pay my own heath care.
    I still want to smack that guy mike moore dic for micky'ds getting rid of the super sized fries.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  6. The_AC

The_AC Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X
    I'm sorry, but didn't people used to give McDonalds a hard time because their advertising made their food look healthy? This is place is being honest, at least. :nerd:

Looks like a "screwed if you do,screwed if you don't" situation.

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    It's a restaurant, people can go if they want! That person is running a business nothing more, nothing less. I see no problem with it people can be responsible for themselves.

Also to go occasionally is perfectly fine.

8. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    If Apple owned that restaurant, it would be automatically healthy, overpriced, and you would have no portion choice.

9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    When I first heard about places like this, my initial reaction was "Hey that's funny". But after a bit of thought, I realised these people are eating close to a weeks worth of food in a single sitting.

It just doesn't seem right to me. On one side of the planet people are killing each other just to get a small bag of grain, while on the other people are stuffing their faces to the verge of a hernia.

10. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Must seriously have a stick up your bum when it comes to Apple. Did they kill your parents or something?

It's completely and I mean COMPLETELY unrelated to the thread at hand. Nice job.

11. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    I live in Phoenix and this place gets a lot of attention and to be honest I don't see whats wrong. The food there is GREAT! The french fries are f*ucking awesome but it's not a place where you want to eat everyday for obvious reasons. There was a big controversy about the waitresses dressing up as "sexy" nurses and the Arizona State Nursing Board didn't approve of this because they didn't want real nurses to be portrayed as sluts in sexy nurse costumes.

12. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    ...sorry.

13. Pyro the Dragun

Pyro the Dragun Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 555M
    Has anyone seen any videos of the Heart Attack Grill? Have you noticed the average clientele that frequents this joint? Most of them are too damn fat to stand on their own tree-trunk sized legs. Seriously, this place doesn't seem to be hiding the fact that the food it serves is incredibly unhealthy. And almost everyone I see in every video obviously doesn't seem to care about their health and/or morbid obesity. Let them kill themselves.

That said, I sure would like to try about half the items on the menu.

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Paradise...

15. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    As per usual a bunch of nerds on the internet show their complete ignornace when it comes to things like eating disorders and national health issues. What Heart Attack Grill is doing is demonstrating the corruption possible in a free market system that isn't regulated to certain standards, standards that are universally accepted to improve peoples living quality.

Some times you need to use things like morals in life, and if you fail to see what's wrong with heart attack grill and you don't care about the people that suffer from it's influence then your moral compass is way off. Get a ****ing grip on youself and get off your throne, these are people that literally DIE because they don't have the power to make the proper choices.

You can bring the arguement back to basic logic as much as you like, but basic logic doesn't apply in an incredibly heirachacle fragmented social system where each demograph has complex backgrounds that influence their motivations. I'm no professor of psychology but some of you sound like children and probably don't understand addiction.

16. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    abaout damn time, finnally someone with some intelligence and not ignorance.

17. Pyro the Dragun

Pyro the Dragun Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 555M
    Just for the sake of being a complete ass, I will bring this back to logic, at least my logic (the only logic that is completely infallible, IMO ;) ). I do understand addiction, I have experienced it myself (albeit a few relatively small cases). I am of the absolute opinion that if your will isn't strong enough to overcome a circumstance of your own doing (such as addiction, whatever it may be) then you wholeheartedly deserve whatever fate that addiction/circumstance may lead to. These people at the Hear Attack Grill obviously can't control themselves, just look at them FFS. Do I care, do I empathize? F*ck no! Let these behemoths eat themselves into an early grave, more oxygen for me.

18. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    So what universally accepted standards shall we all live by there smart guy? How many calories am I allowed to intake in one sitting before getting a ticket?

Think before you go on insulting people eh?

19. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    The problem is people who want it shut down. At what point do shutting things down, making them illegal stop?

We've already seen how stupid the world gets because people die from something, they want to prevent it from happening again, when it was the own persons fault.

Now if things are really very dangerous, and are clouded in a way that makes them appear safe, then sure, lets restrict access or try to avoid an accidental loss of life.

But the place is called HEART ATTACK GRILL. They aren't hiding anything, they know how bad it is, yet people continue to eat there. That is THEIR OWN FAULT.

It's not called Sunshine and Roses Cafe.

I would fear places like McDonalds who can offer all this terrible fatty food for $5 compared to healthy establishments and teaching people to eat right.

When you can buy "food" for that cheap, compared to expensive vegetables, that's more of a concern in my eyes.
    Not to mention McDonalds try to sugar coat it to make it appear that their food isn't that bad for you. So which one is actually worse?

20. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    dude its tasty, people eat what they like...

Some sorry ass might like carrots and eats those all day, some like pizza others like burgers the point being everyone somewhere has their thing, you probably think you do everything with this massive pre-taught about morality and all this other pompous garbage you wrote above but you don't. You would fail at your own benchmark. I don't know your thing, maybe you set your thermostat too high and are therefore wasting energy or maybe you shoot heroin I don't care just don't spoil it for the rest.

That **** looks tasty and I really want to try it, it looks like an awesome place to try if I ever was in phoenix Arizona because it looks awesome!