Hearing Aids for grandparents

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by llerenaprincipe, May 16, 2014.

1. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    Ok so my grandparents need hearing aids, I don't know why we haven't gotten them before but I just got off the phone with the people the doctor recommended and the prices are really high. Has anybody been through this before? Anyone? Anyone? Amazon has a few hearing aids but I don't know if they're any good. the reviews seem allright but that's all.

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Unfortunately this is one of the areas that the saying holds true: You get what you pay for. The more expensive ones do a better job of filtering out background noise. Initially both my father and father-in-law complained that with the hearing aids in they heard everything in the room to a fault. They both eventually found a "brand" that they were happy with.

Medicare should help to some degree. It did at least for my father and father-in-law. Another issue that may be faced is once the hearing aids are paid for, actually getting them to use them. Common complaint is during the adjustment phase in which the hearing aid and the ear canal actually adjust to each other. Both said it hurt for awhile.