Health insurance just got canceled.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PhazeDelta1, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I am so glad I live in a country (Israel) where I never have to worry about health care. You know how much I pay for health insurance a year?

$137

That includes hospital visits, any operations, medical visits to a doctor (of any kind), and reduced dental fees and free dental visits + cleaning. I also get reduced prices on medical prescriptions and ambulant rides (free if stayover is over a day). I am also on + organ donor recipient list since I volunteered my own organs in case of brain death.

The biggest reason why I would never go back to the U.S. is the third world healthcare there. The videos I see about people trying surgery in their own house boggles in order not to pay hospital fees boggles my mind. At least where I am, I am never in fear of getting hurt or sick and not being able to get treatment.

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    Comment of the year. Easy.

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    That's amazing value for money. Great service indeed!

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I lived in the U.S. for a long time, I love the place as much as anyone. But I can't go back to living in fear of being sick or injured - and going into financial distress because of it - anymore.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I really think we should get to the root of the problem.

First off does a 85 year old need a triple bypass???? or an 90 year old need chemo????
    Or really LOL "a.d.d" yeah pump all sorts of drugs in my kid....all the neighbors kids are taking it sure its like a spinkler system keeping up with the "jones".
    Ok lets not get that serious....so say how about a little boo boo like 5 or 6 stiches?You know how many times the prick doctor wanted to see me after a good heal?
    1000' and 1000's of times.
    When doctors stop seeing kids as an investment and old dying folks as "one last winfall" things might start to change.

I'd really like to hear from some in the japanese medical/ or patients field post since i heard there its pretty much prices set and can't manipulate the practice as much.

I will tell you something for those that dont have the cash to get a big operation or something like new teeth(even a boob job) go to colombia or other countries if you can.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Who are you to make a decision that an 85 year old who has been contributing into the economy (and elsewhere) for 65 years (or even more) has no right to medical care that would extend his life simply because it is an investment?

If I feel that I need stitches and the Dr. agrees, then I should damn well get stitches. I shouldn't have to be judged by your ridiculous standards for injury ratings.

All you are doing is blaming the victim instead of the culprit; which is a poor healthcare system.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    extend there life are you mad?its kills most people that age.

You are right,what family in there right mind would refuse medical care thats recomended from a doctor?

They was no need to see me after a good heal sorry if you feeel like he should have been charging my insurance for a baseless visit you just made my point

8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    The USA has people dying in the street (no insurance).
    last week a man had his arm cut off and the only ambulance that would help him was

[​IMG]

:3eyes:

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have had my father, who suffers from Parkinson and other illnesses, undergo operations and procedures here that were under 50/50 chances of success. If I had done those same procedures (and dozens of hospital visits) in the U.S. for him, I would not only be out of money but also waist deep in debt. That's not normal or fair.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I went to the hospital emergency room because I, and a nurse, thought my stitches from a leg operation were getting infected. I didn't have a second thought about the matter or its cost, it was all covered. I had several X-rays taken as well there.

That's the way it should be.

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Here is a price breakdown for the health insurance policy I'm on according to age, prices are monthly and in ILS (just divide by 3.5 to get USD):

[​IMG]

People that are 71+, the highest risk age group, only have to pay $377 a year for everything; no matter their actual risk history.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, my plan is the upgraded plan that allows me visits to private hospitals as well if I want. I also have a second insurance plan that if I want to get an immediate operation instead of waiting for an opening, they will cover it (another ~$20 a month). But the best part, is that if I decide to wait for a regular surgery opening and not a rushed one, they will give me back half the value for a rushed surgery.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ok so he is still seeing your old wound then right....just in case?
    You would be ok with that?

As i said my stitches were fine and can understand she needed to make sure no infection set in.

Your leg healing was still on going mine was not it was good to go.

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh you want to hear about my father chill?(78)

He was thruogh heck and back from a lightning strike to having his right arms bicep ripped right off his arm with a backhoe.
    Besides him having like 10 stints and 2x bypass...was a weekly visitor to the doctor.
    So anyway he had a cold and they shoved a tube down his thruot it gave him some infection was dead in less then a week...in my case they did extend his life but also took it early.

14. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Hard to believe a country as large and as rich as the U.S. does not have a universal health care plan. Billions and billions are spent on chasing pot smokers,arms build up etc. etc. and NOTHING to care for it's citizens. Sure,there may be a problem finding a plan that works for Americans,but there's a blue print to start with right here in Canada. Look across the border folks. Do something like that,and tweak it to suit the needs of the American people.

15. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Your issues sound more like a problem with your local doctors than anything else.

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    So what you're saying is someone like Stephen Hawking should have been denied any care because the outlook on his particular condition is bad?
    Shouldn't matter about age or disease if it can be treated then it should

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    People paying that much are for their entire family usually 4 people so £184.50 sounds about right. My insurance comes out to about $250 a month pretax.

18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    because we are 17 trillion dollars in debt already and have an unsustainable budget. there is no more money. universal healthcare isn't a right, it's a privilege. I love you people that think everything should be provided for you, just parasites. Being a Dr should be tough and it takes years, but instead of getting rewarded those people should be hostages to the government/bureaucratic system. ME ME ME MY MY MY NOW NOW NOW

Life isn't Fair
    Life isn't Equal

I'm sorry your parents/government have been lying to you for years, but it's time to accept some hard truths.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    Been to the states many times, and was health insured up the ass every time.

Love everything about the USA, it's a great place - but omfg the healthcare system there is incomprehensible.

Letting people die who do not have enough money? wtf kind of system is that?

We all sleep under the same stars, and thank god I have never had I live in a system like that and have never paid for anything health related - expect laser eye surgery.

And I will never pay for healthcare - if this country tries that, there will be a revolution and rebellion against parliament and the royal family.

I'm talking about hanging people and heads on stakes type of thing.

No, I'm not joking - this would happen, and politicians know that if they even tried to consider charging people for healthcare, their head would be on a spike before the sun goes down. Seriously, we don't stand for crap like this in England - we've been invaded and fought off too many ****s over the course of history to back down now.

20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    your right, medical people are the only professionals who do not deserve to be compensated for their job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.