Headphone talk

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by FULMTL, Feb 23, 2013.

1. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    That is a gorgeous cable whirl! I'm jealous. Wonder if he'd make me an Audeze cable for an irresistible deal.

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It does look nice, I'm interested in whether or not you notice a difference in sound quality.

3. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I called , wanting to know how long the turn around was for a draug 2 for my HD800.

I told him what I wanted and he said, you are in luck, I have a cable pretty close to what you want...just a couple of minor things different.... the cable was made for someone, but they made it wrong for him.

It was real close to what i wanted and he said i could have it for X ammount and free shipping....I jumped on the deal.

I paid him saturday morning and when i got home from work today.....it was here already.

I do know he makes cable for audeze .....here is the link.

Good luck.

http://norneaudio.com/

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Just got a Schiit Lyr, stacked it with an iFi Micro iDSD (will replace it with a Nano iDSD) and I must say I can actually hear some difference in sound. For one, my HD700 sounds punchier, music more dynamic/musical....will have to listen more.
    [​IMG]

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nice, what amp were you using before?

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    The one on top of the Schiit Lyr, it's an iFi Micro iDSD which is a dac/amp combo.

7. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    They are an upgrade over the stock cable.....bass goes deep with some slam....vocals a tad more forward

Whether or not it is worth the money....I guess that will vary with each individual.

I think it would be best to make it the last upgrade for sound....I would have my dac and amp settled upon first.

They are definitely a very nice quality cable...Trevor does great work...The HD800 seems to have taking a liking to copper.

8. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I suppose it's very much a case of taking care of the essential equipment before getting into the details. Glad you're enjoying the upgrade mate!

9. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    wow that's some crazy looking cables!

10. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Excellent write up eclap, and neat photo. :thumbup: Nice that you enjoy it. I agree about what you said about guitars have awesome bite, indeed it's got great attack, it does acoustic string instruments very well.. As well as vocals.. Well, it's just a pleasant musical sound. I also like about it is that it's so light and I don't notice I'm wearing it, and at low volume the sound is great for background listening while working.

For amping them, I've found a solid state amp that sounds really good with the HD650, the Project Polaris I just got on loan, very crisp and punchy sound, very appealing.

I've also received a used Fidelio X1 with a custom cable. Really digging the sound, especially the bass - it can be overwhelming, I like it. :D

11. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I just spotted some Fidelio X1's for £120 and I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger.

...Someone stop me please.

12. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Do eet!

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Stop! Somebody stop me from buying 2 980`s. Been getting the urge today.

14. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thats is a good deal....go ahead and jump :p

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    where? I'm buying a new car next week, but I could just about squeeze the X1 alongside it :)

Lol, I'm getting a new car, you're getting new gpus and Darkest is getting the X1s. trigger happy January.

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
  17. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Go for the headphones and amp imo, the 980's are cracking cards but they're not really much of an improvement over what you have. I think you'd get more out of the audio upgrade tbh.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm getting new rims for my new car that I got in October, let me join the party :p

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That is the reason I got the 780ti and not cheap out and got the 780. The 980 is a good upgrade from a 780. I have no doubt I would of gone for the 980 in that case. Think Ill buy the phones and amp and maybe get a 4790k, mb and use my current ram when I get my tax return.

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I have no ragrets with my 780. At just under 1200Mhz it's still a very strong performer. I can't really cry about the 10% I'm losing on the newer cards.