HD7870 too low fps?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Floriante, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Floriante

Floriante Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    I have just bought a HD 7870 video card. Im on Win 7 64-Bit. I have installed the latest drivers... My CPU is 2600K and i have 8gb ram.

I play Modern Warfare 2 at 1680 X 1050. At the highest settings i get 40 fps.. Lowering the quality to low does not change anything.

So whats the problem?

2. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 xc ultra
    Have u tried turning off v sync and seeing a what kind of frames u are getting? I don't know if there is such a thing as 40 Hz refresh rate bit maybe that's what your locked in check in the catalyst under display

3. Floriante

Floriante Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    vsync is off

4. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 xc ultra
    Try uninstalling the drivers run either driver saddled in safemode and make sure to check all the NVIDIA options aswell or use atiman and do a clean install see if it helps. Also mKe sure u install the cap files there not just for crossfire.

5. Floriante

Floriante Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    Weird thing is Crysis 2 works with 60 fps average at 1680 1050 with Ultra settings, high-res and dx11

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Try deleting your User profile from the MW2 folder.
    Should be inside Steam\SteamApps\Common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players
    Then start the game so it gets recreated.

7. Floriante

Floriante Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    I dont have Steam folder

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    PIRATE ALARM then.

9. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I think you are joking, but the game is available outside steam lol...

@Floriante, search the user files for MW2, backup your save if wanted, remove the user files then ( maybe the config file is creating a conflict based on your old setup

- If needed try reinstall the game. ( some game create entry for your config and can bug then with new hardware, i dont know if it is the case. )

- Check the settings you are using in CCC dont create a conflict with ingame settings ( Anti-aliasing for the example ). Try with "use appliccation settings".

- Try reinstall driver and if possible clean all old drivers ( including PhysX )

- cleaning driver or even do a fresh windows install when running a new gpu ( specially if you have use the same gpu for years ) is not a bad idea. graphics drivers tend to create a lot of registry entry. So more time you have use a specific config, with a lot of beta driver, drivers, and maybe tweaks some function or setting by the past, more luck you have to encounter a problem one day or another on a specific case.
    GPU drivers are too more and more linked to "standard " system thoses days: Internet browser acceleration, Flash acceleration, Video encoding/decoding/acceleration etc etc..

Edit: Is MW2 have a limiter of fps ? ( console port )

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Modern Warfare 2 is not. It's an Steamworks game.

11. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

lol ....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    For the PC version, Infinity Ward decided to implement a new matchmaking service called IWNET, which works through Steam. This system is nearly identical to the console version of IWNET. Dedicated server support is removed, eliminating the ability for mods or user-created maps to be incorporated. This removal has created anger among many PC gamers. Since the multiplayer aspect runs within Steamworks, the PunkBuster anti-cheat system utilized in previous titles has been replaced by Valve Anti-Cheat.[32] In addition, the PC version shares the same 18-player cap as the console versions (matches are a maximum of 9 versus 9).[33]

13. Floriante

Floriante Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    Lane, i reinstalled the game but didnt work. When i bought the new video card, i re-installed windows 7 so thats not the case

14. antihero998

antihero998 Member

GPU:
    EVGA SC 780
    He's right.

"We missed a few steam checks, resulting in FPS being limited to 45. With
    this new crack these issues will be gone"

Taken from the NFO of a cracked copy.

15. hamaka

hamaka Member

GPU:
    7870 Sapphire OC
    I have 7870 on a core 2 Duo (bottlenecking my GPU ofcourse) and i'm still getting 60+ FPS MW2 on 1920X1080, don't worry it's not ur GPU anyway , may be something with the crack or the copy u r using