HD or not?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by spamkebab, May 8, 2011.

1. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    Hi gang. I've just fitted an EVGA 460GTX to my lads puter. He has a 22inch HD tv in his room so we connected the puter through a mini hdmi to hdmi cable. What fun i had trying to get the correct resolution for his telly. But i must admit the picture quality is amazing towards my LG 22inch monitor oh and he gets the hd sounds too which doesnt bother me all that much cos i'm happy with my x-fi, but we have always had a problem with his motherboard drivers so that clears that one up. Anyway i know not much, of screen resolutions and was just wondering if my monitor is stuck at 1080x1650 or whatever it is or if i would benefit from a hdmi (from gpu) to dvi (to monitor) connector. This is prolly the dumbest question ever but i'm just wondering.

Thanx

Spam.

2. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    No no difference at all, HDMI is basically just DVI (they were developed together) coupled along with audio in the same cable with a different plug.

Also, technically any resolution higher than 480i is considered to be "high definition" so your 1680x1050 monitor is high resolution.

deltatux

3. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    Good Morning Delta. Thanks for the reply. I was getting a wee bit jealous of him for a moment lol.

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    lol, I learned after years of keeping with computers ... it's a wasted effort to be jealous because you're always going to be jealous of someone with better hardware than you or jealous that you can't get better hardware even though yours was the best 6 months ago lol.

deltatux