1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hd 4890 overclocking

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Darkiee, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    I wasnt sure which sub forum to post, here or ati section, but i ended to here.

Now, firstly correct me if i´m wrong, but i have basic version of Sapphires 4890, and i use AB to oc, and i just few days ago discovered that i can adjust the voltages with AB on this card, i dont know why i had the idea that my gcard didnt support program voltage tuning.

Why i got this conclusion, was when using Furmark, i had 940MHz at gpu, and moved the voltage bar to 1.35v and all artifacts where gone.

So, i can get gpu to 990 to be stable, and memory to 1170 to be stable, obviously if trying to run vantage with both at max speed, aint working, still working to get max stable numbers.

Well, now what i´d actually needed to ask, can i increase the voltages even more with some program tweak or something, or do i need to mod the card, if i´d want to get more volts?

Below ss of the current numbers on card

Edit: found a techpowerup gputool for it
    Edit 2: What was the trick to get pass 1000mhz on core?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    this will probably end up in the ati section, but anyway...

i wouldn't go over 1.35 volts on the gpu. the chip is on a 40nm process and anything higher would require some crazy cooling hence the ceiling in AB.

3. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    what is AB is it a program to adjust voltages on some graphics cards
    sorry didnt realise it is msi after burner

4. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    The purpose is just to see how far i can end to, not for 24/7 clocks.
    GeoD: i saw a post in xs where someone said 1.4v would be safe for water, thats what he got as recommendations.

For gaming i´m going to use 1.35v 950/1100, as its artifact free at those clocks. Memory could abit higher but i´ll settle it at 1100.

5. aleslammer

aleslammer Member Guru

GPU:
    Not Sure