HD 4870 and VIVO ?? (need bVideo IN)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stewox, Oct 30, 2009.

1. stewox

stewox Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 4870
    There has to be a modified driver hack , I just can't believe how this card doesn't support VIVO , maybe it's hidden somewhow , All I want to do it the GPU to intake composite signal from a console , particularly Wii , I want to hook up the Wii , but I don't want to spend 50+ on some converters and media boxes , that stuff that makes lag cause makes lag on the screen.

Just tried but it didn't work from first try , it's a S-Video out in my case , like TV out , but it's the same as a VIVO connector i think (9 pin or what it's like)
    I don't know but It shouldn't be hard just to modify and make the slot to INTAKE the composite (yellow wire) signal.

If there is some alternative or tweaking or whatever it takes to make hook up Wii to the PC and so to the monitor , Im not wasting 250 for a new LCD monitor just to get TV tuner and the connectors for Component and Composite (scart support is also on some)

2. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    mate, that is absolutely NOT working ! u would need to add hardware functionality to the pcb of the gfx to enable its svid out to be an svid in, "vivo" cards as u call them have heaps more chips to enable svid input !

try to hook the wii directly to the monitor, just get the right adapters and off u go ??!!

3. stewox

stewox Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 4870
    Fact is , that's hard to get here , I have been trying to look for this adapters but no luck , found what I have been looking for in amazon but that's out of the question for me , media boxes are extremely expensive and less expensive ons don't have good quality ,small resolution , bad picture quality

Oh well , then I'll just have to buy a whole new LCD just to get TV tuner card and only that costs about 60 bucks extra for a PC LCD monitor . samsung has great to offer , but hey , never saw anyone try that , don't know if the tv tuner is able to convert gaming console signal , if yes , what quality?