Hd 2900xt 1 Gb

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by IriSh`, Jul 20, 2007.

1. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB
    I dont see any threads about this card even though it is out. I have been gone for two days but does anybody have this card yet because I want to know what people think of it. Is there going to be a review soon??? (hopefully)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    I did made a thread about this card. As of now the drivers are still in its infancy. 8800GTX is still quite bit faster even on same quality settings. I just got done using cat 7.7 and its horrible. Lost planet and oblivion crashes when getting into the game or even changing the quality settings. 7.6 did not do this at all. Lost planet with 8800gtx: 16Xaaq,16af,everything maxed out,1920X1200 resolution is faster then on the hd2900xt 1gb with the same quality settings but on 8Xaa instead with adaptive aa enabled to quality and oc'ed @ 852/2.226. oblivion with 8800gtx showed about 5 fps gain on the same save spot(ini tweaked,mods,etc). During built in fear performance test hd2900xt 1gb showed anything above 40 fps 83%, the 8800gtx showed about 93%+ the min fps is certainly much higher on the gtx. Overall gtx is obviously a faster card as the card been around for awhile and the drivers are already matured on xp I havent been on vista so I dont know the updates on that until crysis comes out. I havent decided on what card to keep as I just got my rma back from evga and its been working perfectly with my new enermax psu. If keeps like this for 1 week I dont know if I am going to send back the 2900xt 1gb back to newegg for a refund or keep it as a backup whenever the 8800gtx fails and return for rma again. Havent decided yet. But for the 2900XT I would wait until matured drivers are out. Give it some time. Who knows it maybe faster in the future but I prob doubt it. Crysis and the witcher is coming out soon so I dont know what I am going to do yet.

3. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
  4. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I would hold onto the 2900 until Bioshock is released. The 2900's are going to truly shine in shader-intensive games and this title should be an excellent gauge of future performance.

5. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Yeah but once antialiasing is enabled is it really going to be as fast as the GTX he already has? If he sells the HD2900XT on now he will recoup a lot of the money for it, as time goes on its value will only go down. I could understand it if he had the HD2900XT and was looking at changing to a GTX but we all (should) know by now the GTX is the faster of the two in 95% of cases so I don't really understand your reasoning.

6. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    My reasoning is dependent on the game engine being used. I'm very curious to see if the advantages that the 2900 displayed in the Unreal 3.0 engine in RSV translate to another derivative game(engine-wise) like Bioshock.

I'm considering a 2900 XT 512MB at the moment but may wait until I see a review of the game before deciding. Hey, if I can save $150 over the GTX and play the game that I'm most interested in at the settings I want, I'll be a happy camper. It's looks like Crysis won't be out until around Nov-Dec so I'll have something to hold me over until it's 9800 time. :)

7. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    I reckon your X1900 will hold you over tbh, bar a few oddball, shoddily coded games (I'm looking at you Lost Planet and you DiRT) it is still one hell of a card and Epic know how to get things running well with a very scalable engine, UT2004 is a testament to that. I remember playing it at lan on a GeForce Ti4200 and it being smooth as hell still. Thinking about it I may have even played it on my old GeForce 3 at a decent framerate. Do miss the old days. :)

Aren't the R650's scheduled for sometime pretty soon as well? If they can rectify a few of the design issues of the original R600 that might be a better alternative. That might even keep your need for a 9800 in check until Q2 next year, who knows. ;)

8. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Lol, I'm actively perusing fleaBay and if I find a good deal on something, I'm going to jump on it. Otherwise, I'll just bide my time and see if my suspicions about Bioshock pan out. My X1900 has served me extremely well but I just hate to have to turn down any settings and Bioshock is the impetus for my purchase.

9. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
  10. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB
    Yah I had read the thread that Lavans had a link to but for some reason it sounded like a scam. I was just wondering if there was any others thats seemed more credible.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2500650

2900xt with a score of 24750??

11. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC