HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    By your logic we all must be satisfied with old good game mechanics and design for any game and not changing anything? I's say, something simple as seeing your body and legs in any first-person game should be by default. Cause it looks cool, natural and immersive. As for fov, then it's all subjective...some ppl satisfied with numbers which others are don't...for preference reasons or due to physiological abnormalities: motion sickness, etc.

2. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    First of all, fix your english because you sound like you have brain damage.
    Secondly, low FOV is proven to be hurting your experience and your eyes, and you're a fool for enjoying that.
    Now take your consolitis pleb opinions away please.

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    :eek3:

r u mad? take a pill...

PS. Sorry for posting something on YOUR forum btw...I am also very sorry for my being on YOUR internet.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  4. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Chill out guys. Solution with drawbacks is there if you want to use it. I'd rather it not break anything, and i'd be playing a game like that sitting in bed or on a chair/couch with a big monitor/TV anyway. So that's just me.

You can turn off the CA? OH THANK THE LAWD. Seriously, the most horrible, physically inaccurate effect i've seen introduced since the early bloom days. (Both exist in real life, and in real life cameras but not to the ridiculous degrees often used)

ALSO: Using SSAO&HDAO is not surprising given that Murdered Soul Suspect (Also an AMD sponsored game) did as well.

Both are woefully inadequate and can't hold a candle to HBAO+ when it comes to temporal stability. (But depending on the implementation, can sometimes be improved with higher resolutions)

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Im chilling since I hit 30 :) But this fella?! Say, MrBonk...how can my comment about personal taste and diversity of people get that censored so angry ranting toward me? :lol Just wondering. And...could ya tell me pls how "bad" my english are?..from the opinion of american kinda dude :D

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I wasn't specifically saying anything to either person.

But personal insults are not wanted here.

When sitting a sufficient distance, low FoV can be tolerable. Hence why they use them in the first place (Shocker, some of us play using big TVs or something?!)

However they should've really included that as an option for the PC version. Is not really acceptable not to.

Tons of people sit less than 2ft from monitor.

7. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    True enough...

8. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Well screw you too, insufferable commie.

9. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    ok guys, let's break it up. I'd like to remind everyone that insulting other members on these forums is not tolerated and will get you an infraction.

Racial slurs are definitely not tolerated and anyone pulling this crap can consider themselves very lucky not to get an insta-ban.

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Infractions added. The next one is a ban.

11. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    I've already been infracted earlier, and now you did it again, DOUBLING on morbias' infraction. Screw you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  12. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
  13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I can confirm finally that the developer of CS GO< did indeed break HBAO+. The flag remains in the driver but it doesn't work. And no other flag i've tested yet has worked.

All thanks to people abusing it. Which couldn't be helped if it bled through smoke.

A better solution, would've been for the developer to evaluate the problem and why it occurs , find the issue within the rendering pipeline and attempt to fix it. Or to work with nvidia.

But,
    Meh.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    While I personally don't care for the way it looks.(Or the issues I can see from it in both videos and the screen from the first video) I'm glad there is the option (Even if meaning a 2nd windows install) for those that do like it to be able to do so! :)

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I noticed, that there is a quite big difference in Shadow and AO quality in Alien: Isolation when the shadow map resolution is increased from 2048 to 4096.
    Have a look at the bottom "4096 SMR" screenshot in this post:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10381214&postcount=1721

Even at 3840x2400, the difference in IQ is very obvious and the performance hit is very small on my system.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You should add that tweak to the game's PCgamingwiki.com article

Have you tried 8192 as a value? That might incur more peformance, but should increase quality even more.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  17. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    No I tried about 20 flags and gave up, including the latest dx11 flags. HDAO does not shimmer at all in this game, wish I could say the same thing about the textures/shaders.

18. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    Risen 3: Titan Lords 0x00000017

Most other flags look terrible and shimmer/clip through fog/turn on/off.

This flag is by far the best for the game. Remember to disable the ingame ssao via the ini.

19. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    No HBAO+ for BF4? Or not possible?

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Screenshots and comparison please!