HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    0x00000002 (the same flag for Transformers: War for Cybertron) works for HBAO+.

Transformers: Rise of the Dark

Flag: 0x00000002

(Screenshots taken using 8xSGSSAA)

No AO
    HBAO+
    NVIDIA Inspector Settings

2. Atendega

Atendega New Member

GPU:
    Evga GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Say, has anyone found a flag for Sonic Generations? That game looked GREAT with the old SSAO flag.

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    If you think it looks ok, since you played with it. Then that's ok for the moment. I listed it in hopes maybe someone else may else may play it eventually and think to try for maybe a better flag if it's possible :)

4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    This is exactly the reason, I have tried to warn people several times, that "2F" isn't an universal "fix" for HBAO+ in DX9 UE3 games.
    In some games it works quite well (Painkiller: H&D, Mass Effect 2 etc.), but in others it is very weak and tends to flicker on/off or bleed through things.

This is most likely caused by the "Mirror's Edge" AO bit included in the "2F" flag.
    Trying something simpler like "0x00000021" or "0x00000024" might be a good idea for LP3.
    For HBAO+, one size certainly does not fit all ;)

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    After playing through the entirety of Mafia II and testing 2D extensively. It's very safe to say, that HBAO+ with any flags so far is not going to be perfect. And 2D in particular actually has a lot of problems in Cutscenes. I will update my post about that soon.

I have found 1 viable alternative so far that is more subtle and has less issues in cutscenes. Problem is the main story only has 1 save file! so it makes getting pictures of the same locations if one wants to do more than one chapter impossible. So I may have to work around that.

6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Actually, once you have completed/begun a chapter, you can simply select that chapter and all previous chapters from the main menu ;)
    This will of course overwrite your current "autosave" file.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Wow, ok. I'm embarrassed I didn't noticed that before after having played through the entire game... hahah

8. inkscape

inkscape Member

GPU:
    MSI N760 TF OC 2GB
    Happy Wars

So, I found 2 flags to work at a decent level. These were just a quick "scan" of AO bits that work...

Fallout 3 (0x00000003) bit gives a light, but visible effect.

MechWarrior Online (0x0000002D) bit gives a very heavy effect.

Will go threw taking screenshots later when I can without posting pointless post to be allowed to post pictures.

9. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I managed to find a way to replace the horrendous stock AO in PoP Forgotten Sands with Inspector. The Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 profile (0x00000031) works perfectly. It doesn't bleed through fog or anything. Check out the difference.

AO off
    http://abload.de/img/princeofpersia_2014_0bxsp4.png

In-Game AO
    http://abload.de/img/princeofpersia_2014_0zns81.png

HBAO
    http://abload.de/img/princeofpersia_2014_0d9sww.png

Anyway ... the really cool thing is it also works for Sands of Time, and I'm hoping for the other two games, as well. Haven't tested them yet.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  10. inkscape

inkscape Member

GPU:
    MSI N760 TF OC 2GB
    Great find!

Please post smaller pictures or links to the pictures instead of posting those huge images... kinda messes up the forum layout for some people... ie I'm at 1920x1200 and dont want to have any horizontal scrolling to see the whole image.
    Thanks.

11. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I find that annoying as well, It would be best if Hilbert implemented a auto resizing plugin that resizes the image to a specified size but opens full size when you click on it.

12. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  13. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Nice work with the AO flags for Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands & Warrior, scitek :cheers:
    Great to see more people contributing to the HBAO+ thread.

Btw, I have found a nice HBAO+ flag "0x0000002F" for Tribes: Ascend.
    Here is my final report for reference purposes:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10276214&postcount=90

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Tribes:A is still running? I thought the game shutdown. Good that it didn't.

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    The game just isn't being "supported" anymore, in the sense that it isn't getting more patches or dedicated server support.
    But then again, T:A is pretty bug-free IMO and still a lot of fun to play.

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Was able to find a decent flag for Far Cry 3 in DX9. Couldn't find one for DX11

17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  18. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    DmC Devil May Cry

0x00000020

From all official flags this one works best. It's flawless during gameplay, but unfortunately flickers from time to time during cutscenes, which can be annoying, but not deal breaking, for me at least.

Outdoors:

On
    Off

On
    Off

Indoors:

On
    Off

On
    Off

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    4012C1 looks just fine in my testing. There is a little minor blur (At least with the FXAA and DoF disabled via Config edits. Which makes a huge difference). But nothing, minor sharpening or downsampling couldn't fix. The built in MSAA is crap. Misses stuff, especially when shadow maps are present it seems like. I dunno

The built in HDAO is ok, but it's far too strong and still has issues of it's own. But that's just me /shrug

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  20. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Ingame DX11 MSAA may not be perfect, but it is hardly "crap".
    Compatibility and blurriness problems always supersedes IQ "improvements" IMO:

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=9734279&postcount=4099