HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I am elated! I have found the first fully working custom flag!

Is not without issue, but no telling if it's just from that scripted run or not. Will post probably tomorrow night. Gotta sleep and work.

2. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    What what WHAT??

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    -Final Fantasy XIV-
    General Information:
    For 0x0000102B to work, "HDR" needs to be enabled to work.

It seems to work very well, however during the benchmark run only at the end of the Ifrit section at sunset there was an issue with it being applied way too strongly more and more as it got to the final camera position and fade out . (Edit: This has to do with Depth of Field being enabled)
    Ex pictures: http://i.minus.com/iAeixsXTs19AT.png http://i.minus.com/ikfvwAiwnkDzJ.png

And showing that the custom bit combination is actually what makes it work.

No AO
    0x0000002B HBAO+ (Note GPU usage increase, but is not applied)
    0x0000102B HBAO+ (Same GPU usage increase but AO is actually working as intended!)

This proves that other functions CAN indeed affect DX9 applications! (As well I was able to get functions in the 3rd to last; next to 2; slot to cause effects. Though not positive in this case)

The 1 does something I guess like telling the driver that AO is allowed to be applied before frames are presented (To the Final output? To The primary flip chain? To the monitor? I'm not sure what exactly)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    -UPDATE 09/04/2014-

See now, i'm having a totally weird issue.

HBAO+ was working fine and dandy without issues when playing yesterday.

I fired it up tonight and now it's being applied improperly and bleeding through too strongly

Restart my PC and jump straight into ARR without opening any other programs other than my password manager and the issue disappears completely!

Yesterday

Today without rebooting and having used many programs Shot 2
    Today after reboot
    Today after reboot AO turned back off (So you can see that it is indeed working. The lighting conditions have changed so it's not applied the same as it was yesterday night when I tested)

See the vertical lines on the wall to the left and several objects and horizontal lines on the ground
    What changed? What causes this? It has to be a driver issue maybe detecting conflicting things between all of the various surfaces being processed by the GPU?

This isn't something that happens while playing the game. Only when having quit out of the game when done playing and starting it back up at some random point :3eyes:

I have the feeling that the DX11 patch will be disappointing. From the interviews it doesn't sound like they added much. The built in AO is complete crap(Has more flickering,temporal issues and aliasing with strong than the weak setting, but even the weak setting has a lot of aliasing issues), and is one of the things that certainly could be upgraded. (Don't get why they wouldn't. Same with AA)

Ugh, if ONLY I could end up at some event and talk to Naoki Yoshida myself about this stuff and present a printed document showing the information and pros/cons of adding in proper AA and HBAO+ and stuff and the issues we face as users doing this basically hacking it in through the driver and how good it compliments the game

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Very interesting indeed :)
    I will certainly keep this special "0x000010YZ" profile in mind, next time I test a DX9 game for AO bits.

5. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @Mr Bonk

That looks great in FFXIV! Also glad to have learned about that '1' in the fifth slot to help with testing flags in the future.

Also, have some good news and bad news.

Good news is I found working HBAO flags for:

Alpha Protocol 0x0000002F

Found NO issues with this flag. No flickering, no bleeding, great quality and tone, and good performance. The game has a lot of 'baked in' ambient occlusion, though it works well along with this HBAO.

HBAO ON - Note the vertical corner of the room
    [​IMG]

HBAO OFF - Note the vertical corner of the room
    [​IMG]

Lost Planet 3 0x0000002F

HBAO ON
    [​IMG]

HBAO OFF
    [​IMG]

Same flag as for Alpha Protocol (and Remember Me and some other UE3 games). This flag works 95%+ of the time in this game; there is occasional flickering when the effect 'wrestles' with fog effects in some interiors, but I would consider it within tolerance and it otherwise looks great. Further testing might reveal a different flag without this minor quibble ... but that brings me to the bad news:)

I have finished LP3 and do not plan to play it anymore, so I will not be conducting further testing for this game. I feel it is still worthwhile to share my 'Lead Candidate' for this game, as it helped me to better enjoy the game and I hope it does the same for others (until perchance a superior flag is discovered).

For Alpha Protocol, I similarly do not plan to test further, though this is simply because the 2F flag just seems to work so well right off the bat! Passing the baton if anyone cares ... ;)

Oh, will probably post some screens for Lego Marvel as well, though again, not likely to site through more boot-ups of that game to find a superior flag...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yes screens please. Just add'em to that post so It can be used as reference

7. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    I finally had some time to test, and only 0x0000082F worked, with bleeding, so it's no good, but it worked.

8. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @Mr Bonk

Ok, added screens for Alpha Protocol and Lost Planet 3 to my previous post.

9. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    Devil May Cry 4

0x00110031

For DX9 two working official flags are 0x00000029 and 0x00000031

Main menu:

No AO
    0x00000029
    0x00000031

Outdoors:

No AO
    0x00000029
    0x00000031

Indoors:

No AO
    0x00000029
    0x00000031

From those two, 29 seems for me to be giving better effect, but unfortunately bleeds through smoke/fog, while 31 does not, which makes is the best candidate.

For DX10 the best official flag is 0x00110000

Main menu
    Outdoors
    Indoors

I haven't notice any flickering or bleeding (aside from 29) on any of these flags, changing HDR value in config.ini form medium (maximum from in game menu) to high didn't had any impact on how the flags worked.

10. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    So it looks like 26 is a better flag for Alice: Madness Returns than the currently suggested flag. Better as in 'more noticeable' and no issues with behavior. Will get some screenshots.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Try 0x000010xx flags and see if that ends up changing any results. It's a lot of work and patience to do all these flags so many times. But I appreciate the effort

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thank you for testing the HDR as a variable that may impact how it works. Very much appreciated!

13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
  14. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    anyone know flag for Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark?

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    LP3 looks like it's bleeding TBH. There is a lot of small amounts of fog there. So for now I think it's best to leave that off until someone tests for more. Thanks though

16. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Ya it bleeds a bit, though it does not complete 'ignore' the fog, i.e. the effect is dampened by the fog. I enjoyed the effect for sure, though you're the maestro here.

17. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    No results, unfortunately.

18. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Anything for DayZ standalone on Steam?

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    0x00000013 works according to the HBAO+ list in the OP.

20. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    0x00000002 (the same flag for Transformers: War for Cybertron) works for HBAO+.

Transformers: Rise of the Dark

Flag: 0x00000002

(Screenshots taken using 8xSGSSAA)

No AO
    HBAO+
    NVIDIA Inspector Settings