HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. EnthusiastX

EnthusiastX Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Has there been any comparison between the Borderlands Pre-Sequel Remastered SSAO and posted HBAO flags? The Remastered version is supposed to have SSAO improvements, but appears to look rather flat...

2. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  3. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I'll remove LOS2 then.

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Not much we can do to help. Without real documentation from Nvidia it's literally just whack a mole trial and error.
    Believe me, i've spent dozens and dozens of hours attempting to tweak HBAO+ in various games. Sometimes it just doesn't pan out.
    It's a shame more games have not implemented HBAO+ and we are often still stuck with crappy SSAO. And now with the RT push it seems less likely than ever that this will be revisited and we'll be stuck with performance sucking RT modes and or shitty SSAO as our only choices.

5. Markie

Markie Member

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    @MrBonk What about Assassin's Creed? Check my post on the previous page, please.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
  7. Markie

Markie Member

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Alright, thank you. I did try applying the AO flag to all the profiles and .exes and then launching the game from all .exes, nothing worked.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I hope this is the right place to enquire..

I was trying lost planet colonies. I see nvidia has ambient occlusion bits, except that the effect is only applied to a quarter of the scene. If I'm playing at 1440p its applied till 720p only, rescaled. Also its not applied in cutscenes.

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Yeah those bits are very old and were from before they switched the driver to HBAO+. Sadly they couldn't be bothered to care to make sure anything even worked or worked correctly.