HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC
    0x00000008

2. snkykun

snkykun New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    anyone know of any unreal engine 4 flags? tried most of the ones from these threads and the doc. trying to get it to work in the valorant beta, currently the versions they are running on are ue4.22/ue4.23

3. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 ti oc lab
    there is a FLag for pes 2020?

4. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    If I understand "bleeding" correctly, ambient occlusion is heavily visible through volumetric effects in Vice City. Explosions especially look quite different.

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Yes this is exactly it. Things like Fog, smoke, volumetric lights, transparent surfaces like glass,etc.
    To be fair even some game's own native implementation has this to some degree but not as egregious as the worst here.

0458315753 likes this.
  6. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    Correction: the AO doesn't appear to bleed through explosions after all, the car body just is more visible as the explosion starts to fade.

mpv-shot0009.jpg

mpv-shot0002.jpg

The player model and vehicles are likely much more visible against the sunshine however, I'll reply with more descriptive screens soon.

gta-vc_2020_04_27_18_18_02_429.png

EDIT: I'll take this back, ambient occlusion isn't captured in screenshots at all, it seems. I use MSI Afterburner with RTSS, the first two screenshots are captured from an OSB recording.

gta-vc_2020_04_29_12_54_29_340.png

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  7. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    The GTA SA bleeding fix isn't constructive, this is a pack of outdated mods most of which likely aren't even related to each other. I suggest removal.

8. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    Does Bully: Scholarship Edition have any functional flags? The game also doesn't have a profile in the Nvidia inspector and the Fallout 3 flag from here doesn't work for me.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  9. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 Ti
    You have to use HLS profile to apply them. Dunno why, but that's how it is.

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    That bleeding looks pretty minor TBH compared to a lot i've seen.

11. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Is there a solution for an AO flag not working at non-16:9 aspect ratios? For example, the listed HBAO+ flag for Sands of Time isn't working for me at 21:9 (on a tangential note, the AA flag didn't work either, but it did once I made it 0x00400041).

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I've never seen anyone do thorough enough testing.
    I only ever was able to test 16:9,16:10 and non perfect 16:9 resolutions (like 768P)

13. Guredo

Guredo New Member

GPU:
    970gtx
    Hello there. Are there any AO flags for Age of Conan game? Or lineage 2 (unreal engine 2)?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Halo MCC could definitely do with a working AO profile, the games own ambient occlusion causes ugly criss cross patterning.

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I don't think you can even disable that in the MCC games though, so it would still look bad.

16. Markie

Markie Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    The flags for the first Assassin's Creed game don't seem to be working anymore. I've tried 22, 60000 and 60019 with no success.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  17. snkykun

snkykun New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    considering Overwatch is its own engine, im guessing there is a slim to none chance of getting a working flag? I know CSGO disabled the flag because the game breaking bug but there is a bypass method with overwatch by simply renaming the EXE to another title. any help would be awesome :)

18. Markie

Markie Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    PSA: The compability bits for Batman: Arkham Asylum work perfectly fine, but if you're using the "Advanced BmLauncher" to tweak graphical settings further (and have a built-in AO toggle), it'll overwrite any AO settings you've set manually in nvidia inspector. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you want to use a different AO quality setting then you should avoid using that launcher.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  19. ELKR

ELKR New Member

GPU:
    1080ti 11gb
    It is awesome to see GTA:SA being talked about right now as it is the game I was trying to fix. I don't know what bleeding is, because I was focused on the flickering. The ambient occlusion turns itself on/off. When it toggles off it completely disables on many surfaces, and other surfaces may still have ambient occlusion but much less strength or different look.

I believe ambient occlusion may be impossible in GTA:SA. I would like the help of a professional.

For Insertion bit 1 I tried 10 to F0. The results varied. Crashing. Lagging with or without visible AO. Better fps.
    00 disabled AO I assumed this is the expected result so I used 10 as a base as it had no issues.
    20 lagged.
    90 had better fps
    A0 had betters fps.
    Because VP1 had better performance than VP2 I naturally decided to use transposed vp1 over transposed vp2.

I then tried 90,91,92,94,98,9E
    The only bit that had any effect at all was 91 which resulted in no AO. I then tried 9E to enable everything other than the thing that would cause a crash. No effect either.
    I decided to leave this bit as 0 as it had no desired effects.

My resulting bit1 was 90 for performance, because why not?
    ----------------
    For insertion bit 2 i tried (00, 10, 20, 40, 80, B0) 40 caused a crash and something was causing a small copy of just AO to be seen in the top left corner of the screen. 00 Resulted in no AO I assume this is expected.
    Because this bit had no desired effect I decided to leave it 0.... (until later i realized i couldn't get AO without it)
    I then tried (01, 02, 04, 08)
    They all resulted in no AO
    I then tried (11, 12, 14, 18)
    No desired effects.

My resulting bit2 was 10, all my testing did not fix the flickering so I just disabled as much as possible.
    ----------------------
    for insertion bit 3 matched with masking bit 3, and insertion bit 4 with masking bit 4.
    I tried all logical possibilities like before for absolutely no change to anything, ever. LOL
    B3 tests were (00 01 02 04 08 10 20 40 80)
    B4 tests were (00 01 02 04 08 10 20 0f 3f)
    -------------------------
    I then played a bunch with the parameter bits but it seems these only effect how the ambient occlusion look. What had the biggest impact was the angle bias. I tried 0 to A. I believe 0 to 5 are the only ones that have an effect. I forgot if it was 0 or 1 that had the best effect. Almost seems nvidia would have to make a new angle bias bit to fix GTA:SA possibly? What is angle bias anyways. Seems like it should only effect how it looks like the rest of the parameter bits.

I put in about 5 hours of brute-force testing as it was the only option I had with such a lack of information. The OP guide doesn't explain anything in detail. This is a total of 53 different modes trying to get rid of the flickering to no avail. PLEASE HELP.

20. R1ddick

R1ddick New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    Hey there!

League of Legends

So, after MrBonk has found the proper flag for SGSSAA for LoL I've tested few HBAO+ flags to find will they even work on no and found that the 0x0000002D (MechWarrior Online) flag is working and applies a very strong HBAO effect without any issues (and looks fantastically beautiful if combined with SGSSAA).

No flag enabled
    https://imgur.com/e8P9RL5
    [​IMG]

Some screenshots with flag enabled
    [​IMG]https://imgur.com/5LOYvGJ
    https://imgur.com/nmAJwMp
    https://imgur.com/2vTVKvh
    https://imgur.com/tUP27gb
    https://imgur.com/ndievhX
    https://imgur.com/bTDiIAD
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]