1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. jedi93

jedi93 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti
    The dGPU is definitely used, also my forced 16x AF works great, but the HBAO still doesn't. Performance seems to be the same no matter what I set it.

I really don't know why it shouldn't work...

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Well it definitely isn't working if GPu usage is the same. Are you playing in 16:9?

3. jedi93

jedi93 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti
    yep, 1920x1080 (native)

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I would just try other flags until you find one that works, see if it has major issues. If not then give it a shot.

5. jedi93

jedi93 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti
    hm, I'm already done with Black Ops, but I'll do that with the next game where I want HBAO :)

6. Anteater

Anteater Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2gig
    0x00000003 works for the gate of firmament

no hbao+
    [​IMG]

hbao+ (0x00000003):
    [​IMG]

hex edit to the highest strength (0x00000003) (5E D0 00 18 00 00 16 18 75 A0 6F 0F 00 00 00 00), it's a bit too much so change it to whatever value you want
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    KainXVIII likes this.
  7. snkykun

snkykun New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    any known flags for the newer Call of Duty's? such as Bo3 and say modern warfare remastered? I found black ops 2 to be a lost cause and just had to resort to reshade. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

8. Akvuil

Akvuil New Member

GPU:
    GV-N760OC-4GD
    Spider-man Web of Shadows (0x00000022 (Prince of Persia 4)

Currently WIP on "remastered" version of the game needs help on improving draw distance of the city and enemies (I only can edit textures :( ). If you have better AO flag plz reply.

PC version have a glitches/not all effects cuz of "bad port" mb here would be a way to complete effect scrtipts (textures?) from XBOX 360 version?
    And i wanna make possible to change a stances by a button and combo wall attacks with ground attacks on any surface. (By default you need be on wall to make a different attacks but game have a bug when SM attacks enemy and rushing to ground and animation with damage is continues so i thing it's possible to trigger wall attacs to ground via script.)

9. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    is there any bit for crash bandicoot or secret of mana?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  10. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti@2GHz/WC
    Im replaying The Witcher 2, and want to use HBAO instead of in Game SSAO which has a dark aura around Geralt.
    The profile suggested here (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/hbao-compatibility-flags-thread.387114/page-39) works fine, looks good while gaming and does not have the ugly dark aura, but has a glitch in "cutscenes", where you can see polygons in characters:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I am using it even with that glitch, because I can't stand the dark aura that in game SSAO has and the glitch does not appear in normal gaming.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    If you feel like messing with a hex editor , you might be able to fix it by adjusting the angle bias I think. Can't remember if that's the one that really helps with this effect.
    That or in combination with making the effect less strong. (Or look at my adjustments for Dead Rising and modify it to those values and see what it looks like. That and Tales of Zestiria. The parameters are the same in DX9/10/11)

FranciscoCL likes this.
  12. theroboxer

theroboxer New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    Does anyone know the flag for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round? I'm currently trying to find the right one but the game is free on steam in case someone wants to help. :)

13. Maillog

Maillog New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050
    Flag work in Mad Max? SSAO is very bad

Sorry for my English

14. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB
  15. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Not as far as I am aware. It usually has to be done per game. Even on same engine, they usually are set up differently enough to cause problems.

16. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB
    I just noticed you added the games to the list, unfortunately the names are wrong. First one is "Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm" and second is "Rising Storm 2: Vietnam". Probably should have typed the full names in the first place.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Ok. I'll fix it.

18. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    @GuyFawkesGaming

0x00000030 will definitively not work for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, since this game is DX11 only.
    The flag you suggest will only have an effect in DX9 titles.

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Care to take any A/B shots for either game anybody? I didn't really look too hard at the source links. Upon further inspection, the screenshots in the 2nd link don't seem to have AO applied and there aren't any screens in the Steam Guide..

20. Dweeb

Dweeb Member

GPU:
    GTX680 4gb
    @MrBonk are you going to look into AA/AO for Resonance of Fate?