HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Dreadmoth

Dreadmoth Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070Ti Titanium
    That flag works, but bleeds through fog and has some visible dithering / banding (probably not really noticeable in gameplay). It can be a bit too dark on grass as well.

Main menu 1F

Swamp 1F EDIT: for comparison: Swamp 2E | Swamp no AO

It seems to flicker on/off in the same places (that I've tested) as the 2E and 32 flags.

It does have greater draw distance (I think.. the other flags are very faint at range) and possibly better environmental coverage than 2E and 32 - if the fog bleeding and intensity (on grass/foliage) can be reduced by modifying the flag it might produce better results overall.

-----

I'll try out the 0x000A0000 (Far Cry 2) flag in Fallout 4 later.

For some reason I assumed only the 0x001xxxxx flags would work in DX11 games.

EDIT:
    0x000A0000 works, effect is fairly subtle with short draw distance. Seems to break in the same places as most of the other flags I've tested.
    Haven't noticed any fog bleeding. Water bleeding is present but relatively mild (and only appears at short range).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Any HBAO+ flag of the form "0x00XY0000" is a possible working combination in DX10 and higher.
    But X=0 is of course also valid :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  3. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Lol what? 0 is implied too isn't it? :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  4. camomille

camomille New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    0x000a0000

@Dreadmoth
    ok thanks, i suppose we have to wait for a dedicated flag, it's funny because before the patch, this flag 0x000A0000 didn't work indoors...

5. helder

helder Active Member

GPU:
    970 OC, 780 Ghz, 290X Tri
    That's similar to my FO4 set up, I force-off Vsync in NVCP, set iPresentInterval=0, set render-ahead to 1 and then limit FPS to 100 using the option in ENB shaders. I use the ENBoost config as the base and the modify from there to get the performance increase.

I also found you can run SweetFX at the same time as ENB using initproxyfunctions=true with enableproxylibrary=false. So, now I have ENB solely for performance and then use SweetFX to tweak post-processing. There's edge-crawling if you go too crazy with post-proc AA, but it's great if you keep things reasonable.

6. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    ok, thanks for checking on shadow complex. You know if anything works for Hardland or Just Cause 3. Just Cause 3's looks like ****, and Hardland, im not sure if it has any. Whenever you can check id appreciate it. Thanks fellas. Shame its becoming a pain to enable this better form of AO when either they refuse to include it or just dont include any at all. This may become a real problem as games switch to either completely DX11 or start heading to DX12. Hopefully forcing anisotropic filtering wont be an issue either.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I don't have either of those. So I am unable to test. Sorry.

I'd consider the DX9 path of Shadow Complex viable if the performance wasn't seemingly so bad.

The in game AO is pretty costly too, though it's not so horrible.

8. skacikpl

skacikpl Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8G
    Since LR is out, i'm tempted to try old XIII flag for it.

Though since the game is timed it's hard to stop by to test, gotta use cheat engine to halt the timer first.

Edit:
    It works, but the effect is way more subtle, not even sure whether it applies on the environment. I can see it on Lightning's hair but that's that

https://i.imgur.com/bPz75sN.jpg
    //
    Actually, it does apply on the environment it seems:
    https://i.imgur.com/9qthlUi.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  9. Gitaroo

Gitaroo Member

GPU:
    Geforce 670/2 gigs
    Doesn't seems to work for me, does it not work if I force SGSSAA?

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    It depends on your resolution settings vs display's enumerated Native resolution i'm guessing.

11. skacikpl

skacikpl Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8G
    I was messing with AA and apparently enforcing SSAA is a no-go, but it displayed few buffers along the way so i can see that AO works properly now:
    https://i.imgur.com/deDhnma.jpg

12. acknowledge

acknowledge New Member

GPU:
    nvidia GTX-660/970
    Any decent AO flag for Assassins Creed:Revelations, please?:)

13. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Any chance somebody has found a flag for Helldivers or is currently testing it?

There is one in the spreadsheet already?

14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never mind.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  15. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Yeah OGSSAA no worky.
    There is one the sheet. But it could probably use some modifying to fix a few issues.

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8G
    So it seems that 0x0000000F without any modifications mostly works fine for LR too.
    Behavior is pretty much consistent to me across all 3 games.

Though in LR it's more subtle and weirdly scales with resolution (downsampling = more subtle effect). It also tends to flicker once or twice in certain dialogues, but other than that it looks and works fine to me.

17. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 525M 1024Mb
    Rebel Galaxy Turn Off basic ugly SSAO.
    Set Inspector HBAO flag: 0x00000030 or 0x00000031(better)

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Pictures please if you can comparing.

100% quality JPGs or PNGs.
    Hosted on a site that won't recompress them.

19. skacikpl

skacikpl Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8G
    I was messing with Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online (one long ass name).

It's based on Gamebryo, but it's hard for me to tell which flag should be used, it seems to still be dx9 branch of the engine, so Fallout/Skyrim flags should work but i can't see them being applied, or they're so subtle i can't pick it up.

I guess it would call for a test with OSD to measure GPU/VRAM usage, but then what's the purpose if i can't even notice it.

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Subtle can be good, you don't want it in your face so strong it stands out a ton. It needs to mesh with the game. That's my opinion at least.

Doing a standard screenshot with the OSD on without AO enabled and then testing flags in the same scene with another screenshot to compare to the Off shot is the easiest way to tell.