having trouble getting my new 250 gb hd recognized

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ---TK---, Jan 28, 2007.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    my 320gb master is set to cable select. i tried all jumper settings possible i would think. they both are western digital eide hd`s 320gb is the master the 250gb new one i want to use as a slave. thanks in advance for your help!

2. FakeFx

FakeFx Member

GPU:
    Rosewill Radeon 9600XT 128MB
    Not to sound like a jerk, but tried putting the slave disk on, well, slave mode using the jumpers?

3. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    have u tried it by its self and see if it gets recognized

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    the power dongle i was using didnt work. tried another .thanks for your help

5. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    try to set both harddisk to cable select or make one of the harddrive master and the other slave; no other combination like cable select + slave vice versa.

Also you need to do a format (to NTFS) on the new harddrive before you can use it (I guess you already knew this of course).

And what do you mean by "it didn't work" after using several power dongles? you mean the new harddrive didn't work or spin after you have plugged in the molex into the harddrive power connector? If this is the case then the harddrive may be DOA.

Good luck!

6. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    good to hear u got it working so it was a non functioning molex plug go figure that. i wonder wats causing it to not work