Having Problems Please Help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Will, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    So I recently built myself a gaming pc, I followed the instructions perfectly and everything but as soon as I tried to play games my pc would either crash to the desktop or my display would lose signal but the pc would still have power. The games would crash at different times, sometimes id be able to get through a game or two of pubg but I never got through a session without it crashing atleast once.

My Specs are as follows:
    MSI Radeon RX 570 Gaming X 4GB
    AMD Ryzen 3 1300x
    MSI A320M Gaming Pro Motherboard
    600W EZCOOL power supply
    8GB of RAM (2x4GB)

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Do you have any program monitoring your component's temperatures? If not download yourself one and see if this is temperature related (CPU or GPU).
    Either it's temperature or your PSU is indeed a budget one and doesn't really bring the power it's supposed to bring.
    Is there any error message when crashing? A crash dump? Does the PC restart after it crashed?

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    [​IMG]

Is this your PSU? If so it should be fine.

fantaskarsef gave some good advice. Follow them.

4. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I just mentioned the PSU because it either sounds like PSU giving up, or temps going too high. Unfortunately I have never bought an EZCOOL PSU, do you have experience with that brand Ryu?

5. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    So I have had MSI afterburner installed but have never really seen any ridiculous temps although when I just tried playing a game the game crashed again, the temps got upto about 60C and as for the power supply I had it connected to a brand new corsair CX450 (450W) when the problems first strated occurring but i took my pc into a computer store and they thought it was PSU so they lent me the EZCOOL PSU 600W to see how that went but the results have not improved. When I have been running games I haven't noticed any significate temperatures. So I'm not sure.

6. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    So what would be your recommendation for a replacement PSU?

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes that doesn't sound like a faulty PSU then if you tried two of them. Also, 60°C on the GPU is not an issue.
    Did you check CPU temp also? I know this might sound stupid, but did you check all the cables in your PC, if everything's connected? My first PC I ever had was restarting because the manufacturer forgot to connect the CPU fan...

8. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    Yeah so everything is connected right, how would you go about checking the cpu temp?

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Tbh 24A and 28A for 3.3v and 5v should be enough. Just going by checking other similar known brands having 24A and 24A on those like Corsair AX860i 860W having 25A and 25A. And then he has 50A on the 12V lines.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You may not have setup the CPU properly in regards to cooling. Many new builders will put too much thermal paste, or not properly apply it, causing the CPU to overheat when stressed. What CPU cooler are you using, and what thermal paste? If it's Arctic Silver 5, or something similar, it's very easy to not apply that right.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Check temps with hwinfo 64

But firstly replace that junk power supply.
    That ezcool is 10 years old and it was rated top tier junk back then.

What's your budget?
    I honestly would leave the PC alone until you replace it with a proper one..

Here is an excellent modular budget PSU.
    550w is plenty for your setup, but if you want 650w it's about $13 more

Your old PSU could have also been junk too so replacing it with another junk PSU won't solve anything.

12. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    ok so get a better power supply. For the CPU cooler is the stock wraith spire atm I'm currently saving to purchase a new cooler but I should be able to fit a new psu into that budget aswell.

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This is always a thing that could happen, but honestly, this...

Was my first guess, if temps are working out fine on the CPU end.
    Did you check those temps with hwinfo64? It's free, a small download, and writes logs iirc, so you can check what happened with the temps after a restart.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The CPU cooling came to mind since I saw this was a new setup, so I figured this system has not gone through all the paces yet. I would certainly monitor the CPU temps while gaming or stress test to see if it's the cause. If not, then I'd start looking at the PSU replacement.

I would also test the video card in another system if possible, just to eliminate the possibility.

17. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    I upgraded my PSU to no success and then ive ran the hwinfo64 test but I have no idea how to understand what I'm looking for...

18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    This, with the crashing you're experiencing, I'm inclined to to think this is a fault with your GPU, so, test your GPU out in another system, let try ruling this out, if your GPU runs fine in another system then that's good, if you try another GPU in your system too, we'd be able to see if the same types of crashing occurs.

Also just a reminder to folks, even if the temps are fine, it doesn't mean there isn't a fault with the hardware (not to say that temps aren't the first thing you check, just more a case of remaining vigilant and not assuming there is no fault because there are no abnormal temps).

Also if he's using the stock cooler on the CPU, applying the paste wouldn't have been an issue as it would have been pre-applied, only thing possibly wrong there is the heatsink may not have been fitted correctly

19. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    ok ill test my gpu in my mates pc and see if there is any problems with it, may take a couple of days but ill get back to you guys

20. Will

Will Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX570 4G
    Ok fellas so I ran an AIDA64 stress test on the cpu and memory and it came that there was a hardware failure so I ran it seperatley on both cpu and system memory and it came back with an error with the system memory so that's ram right?