Having one of my bottom molars removed next week, how painful we talking?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Bentez, Apr 1, 2014.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Smart man right there. Give yourself some time, if you can, after the dentist visit. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

NOTE - I should also mention that in regards to my previous post, I'm am by no means a cry baby when it comes to pain. I have a high tolerance for pain, but for the anesthetic as well. I was shot up three times directly where they were working on the tooth before it was enough for me not to punch my dentist (we are good friends now) in the face.

2. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Private dental care for the win. I had mine pulled, didn't feel a thing. It was weird watching her stitch up the holes though...

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    thats so funny I remember a friend of mine went to get some teeth pulled the doctor loaded him up with gas and 5 minutes later he woke up and punched him right in the face and knocked HIM out lol I don't think they are good friends now thou

4. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Just so long as one of this year's graduates from dental school does the job, you'll be fine, especially if the dentist is a girl!
    Female dentists tend to have stronger wrists than their male counterparts, and so are able to whip out teeth with no trouble.
    Keep your fingers crossed that you don't have an older guy with shaky hands pulling your tooth.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I need more than a dentist. but it will be too costly for me.

I lost both my top and bottom molars from grinding during sleep. all that is left of the top is the root and the bottom are worn down and flat and my gums grew over the top roots sealing it. so the dentist cant see them.

dentist said surgery would be needed to get to the roots.

this was 3 years ago. and still havent had it fixed. im lucky though as there is no pain.

6. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I hate teeth. Apparently in the UK you get free dental care if you're pregnant though... So, there's that.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Alrighty then lol...:)

What do you chew/eat with?

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    I had one removed due to another pushing it out of the way that hasn't even come through yet.

I felt violated afterwards, but my tooth had 3 prongs in my jaw - kinda freaky he said, but it splintered whilst being removed, so there was perhaps more work than normal.

Lots of blood - I mean lots.

The plus side is tat within 3 years I get a new tooth coming through, so I've lost nothing.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You dont feel **** all, just a hole at the back of your mouth which will eventually heal over. I actually find the Dentist relaxing, so much that i could go asleep. Honest.

Anyhow you wont feel anything, needle in the mouth is sharp scratch.

10. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've had a couple out with the private dentist I had as a child and the only pain I remember was the injection in the gum, didn't feel the needle go in but you sure feel the liquid making room for itself as it's squirted in. Plain sailing after that

11. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I had a molar pulled last year. Tell your dentist not to go light on the pain meds. They should "knock out" the whole side of your jaw for something like that. If they don't say they will, tell them to. There's one nerve that they can "block" to make it so you feel nothing on that side of your face.

That being said, it'll still hurt for a few days afterwards, though, at least for me, not too terribly.

12. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    Thanks peeps, feel like I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be for it. I'll update this thread next week after the horrors :)

13. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    So the deed is done!

Made him give me an extra injection as I could still feel my tooth but even then it was still painful when he levered it out with what looked like a screw driver!

Came out in one though and there has been hardly any bleeding so that's good (I think, not sure what is classed as a dry socket..)

Not a pleasant experience but I lived to tell the tale, at least while co-codamol supply holds..

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I've had 3 removed and the dentist had to cut one in half even, with a MINI CHAIN SAW LOL! Sick. :D

15. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    No bleeding is good - it's a sign of good bood clot. Just let it be at peace, eat and drink gently and take some ibuprofen if needed.
    Dry socket hits after 5 - 7 days if you have bad luck and you sure recognize it! (mine did last one month...)