Having issues with 355.60. Strange uninstall of drivers upon shut down

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hauler, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Hauler

Hauler Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX760 4GB FTW
    For some reason out of the blue when I shut down my computer upon restart my drivers are not working. My screen is all messed up and I have to reinstall these drivers each time I start up. I have windows 7 and I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Get rid of them and move up or down in driver version. If you still have this problem with a different driver, then you'll know that there is something wrong with your hardware/software.

Im currently on 350.12 and have yet to encounter any issues. Though, the performance isnt as good. I lost about 10fps in most games using 350.12 vs 353.51.

Why did it go back to 350.12? I think there maybe an issue with 353.51 also. My games started hardlocking the pc and eventually resulted in a windows boot error and corrupted HDD. Lost lots of data.

I recommend 350.12 as that seems to be the most stable driver out imo.
    Download link (Guru3d):http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-350-12-whql-driver-download.html

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well, haven't experienced any data corruption (so far? :eek: ), then again I have been getting hardlocks (only in BF4 though) recently too, and I had the feeling at first those haven't been around with earlier drivers. Been running 350.xx before I noticed weird stuff happening. Will try to do the ddu and 350.12 today too.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, Id highly recommend to avoid the 353.51 for now and tbh, the 35x.xx has to be some of the most troublesome drivers ive encountered from Nvidia.

Again, the driver may have been the issue of data loss or it could simply have been the hardlocks and auto boots caused by the driver crashing that finally caused windows to freak out. So, im not sure if blaming Nvidia is the right thing just yet, but once ive recovered my data, im going to reinstall windows 8.1 and the 353.51 + plus FC2 onto a small 60gb HDD and try and recreate the issue at some point over the week.