Have you gtx 260 users found 190.38 to be stable?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by scoter man1, Aug 12, 2009.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I've had major driver issues with newer updates (later that 182.50) with the nvlddmkm error. It would shut down on me while I was playing crysis, sometimes it would recover, sometimes it wouldnt. I guess the only real way to figure out is try it, but, I figured I'd ask to see if anyone would give it the :thumbup:

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    190.38 and 190.56 have both been stable for me, in Crysis, Left4Dead and Bioshock, and demos of RE5, Batman AA and Darkest Of Days.

3. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Great! im installing it now, hopefully I have the same luck...

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Best driver for me with my 2 GTX260´s in sli is the 186.39 driver... Best driver in a long time, stable and great performance!

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    hmm, must be something messed up other than that driver. I still get the nvlddmkm error when I o/c to 675/1455/2304. I guess I can live with the my normal sc of 625/1350/2106

6. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I've found for me anything much past 182.50 gives me problems. That goes for all games new and old. So, I guess I'm stuck until nVidia pulls their head out of their a$$.

7. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I've got quite a few games installed and they're all working fine with all drivers - even the 185.x, 186.x and 190.x series.

I'm using Windows 7 RC, btw.

So, for example, both the 190.38 beta and 190.38 WHQL driver and now the 190.56 beta driver are working just fine here.

8. XcroN

XcroN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    I Found them pretty stable in veriety of apps and 3d games (GT200 GPUS)
    For GTX 285 - STABLE For me :)

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I do think that the people having problems with the newer drivers are probably at fault more than the drivers themselves, either OS problems, unstable Overclock etc...

10. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Well, rolling back to 186.18 WHQL solved my crashes, freezes and TDR errors with the 190.38's, that was gaming in both Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 AND Win7 Ultimate x64 RTM, so I don't agree it's purley 'users' systems at fault!

I have 2 x GTX260's in SLI and the 190.38 drivers just gave me problems.

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not saying everyone having problems is down to user error, just curious to why some people have problems but myself and alot of other have no problems at all.

Did think it could be SLI or overclocks, but Cybermancer is using both and also has no problems, could just be the nature of PCs and the infinite amount of combinations, either way, i feel people need to be less harsh on Nvidia.

12. XcroN

XcroN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    i dont know about other people but the 190.38 foor me working fine

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yea same here 38's and 56's been stable for me too, I havent had any issues with either of them.

14. blunden

blunden Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    All system configurations are different. Some might see issues with drivers while for some they work fine. I'm sure some of them are user errors though. :)

15. _HAZE_

_HAZE_ New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Black Edition
    I'm having the same exact problem. I'm going to try to go back to the 182.50 drivers tonight. I tried 186 and I still got the nvlddmkm BSOD.

Damn Windows 7!!!

16. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Part of reason I am not running Win7. Though it wouldn't happen often, the few times it happened was annoying as hell. It wasn't limited to gaming either, it would happen when I was mapping too. On vista 64 I have yet to ever see this problem.

17. Sorken

Sorken Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX260
    I´ve had no problems with 190.38 and 190.56 on XP x64 and Win7 x64.

18. superweapons

superweapons Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Core 216
    190.56 works flawlessly for me in Windows 7 RC1 x86, no problems in ArmA 2. Performance seems good, although I don't have much to compare to since I've missed any new driver updates for about 2 months.

19. El_Presidente

El_Presidente Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Sitrix SLI
    I have found that 190,38 are not that good for overclocking that 18x series. But they seem to give same or better performance with lower clocks, so im thinking that they use card resources better. I have 260 SLI rig and when i look my cards temperatures with 18x drivers, second card runs cooler. After i did install 190.38 drivers, temps were closer each others.
    Oh yeah, i have Vista 64.

20. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    first i have to say that just because it came in a shiny new full color box doesn't mean its infoulable and automatically perfect . thats why the warranty exsists. so if its that way out of the box , its pretty obvious what needs to be done to resolve it as long as its not installed in a system thats boarderline jacked up to begin with.

if newer official drivers dont function properly even at system spec defaults, process of elimination to find the bad part and rma it. mainly ram, power supply, or the card itself.

and frankly i put more faith into nvidia drivers than i do most people's perception of a "stable overclock" . not to mention the driver is suppose to work properly , overclocking must be made to work properly by performing a balancing act by the user.

if overclocking causes your issues, then stop it , or obtain hardware and power that can do what you want without causing problems. blaming everything under the sun EXCEPT what you have control over, will not solve anything. and this is not to talk down to anyone, just a reminder of the way it is.

so most likely i believe there is a bad part connected in the system, or shoddy hardware config and/or overclock.because in my experience , thats what those errors relate to .

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009