Have you ever destroyed Hardware Purposefully through RAGE!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Veteran, Jan 25, 2011.

1. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    nforce 2 3 and 4 were good chipsets though :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I had a simililar situation with the exact same motherboard model but from DFI (but the cpu was a core duo). I read on the internet that it needed a bios flash, went to their site and downlaoded the newest one and of course the flashing failed and it did not have a dual bios. Board was wasted and it turned out later that it was just fine and that my RAM was faulty lol. I still have the board gathering dust somewhere, I don't know why though lol.

And yea, I destroyed several keyboards and mice when nerdraging. :nerd: :bang:

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Yepm I had an Nforce 4 I think it was back in the Athlon 64 days and they were excellent boards, still have mine gathering dust in my man draw :D

Well I will just say it was the board as with the new motherboard I got the next day everything just worked, and overclocking my Q6600 G0 was a breeze on the new board too. Had that system for quite sometime until I took the plunge and went to x58 which I am still on now :)

EDIT:

This was the piece of SH&T in question!
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/designed_by_nvidia_680i_sli.html

I think it was the north bridge heatsink that was the main problem that thing got SOOOOOO hot you could get a tan off it if you were too close! Even the stupid fan didn't help and only pushed nice hot air up from the GPU through the heatsink and then up towards the CPU as well! LOL VERY POOR design!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Arcade controller for a fighting game due to lag and unvented stress

5. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE

7. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    yes abit really had some terrible designs like the abit AV 8 i searched for tons of reviews they were all good about that poss until i had it i threw that thing away and bought a msi k8n neo 2 and never again i looked back at abit

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Rythum magazines were order of the day from the top shelf back in those days long before the commercial internet. That was just to show what the machine was capable of which is impressive for 64k and going back over 25 years ago.

Tbh you will never really appreciate how good the technology was for its time back then unless you were there.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  9. Skyline1010

Skyline1010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 650Ti Boost
    Was rather intoxicated one evening and sent my GS3 into the sidewalk at some high velocity. Not only did the screen shatter, but it didn't display anything and the digitizer was completely effed. Lesson learned, don't mix alcohol and exes

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Nope never wrecked anything due to rage, I have self control:)

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I feel like a chuckle, anybody get anything to add to this thread?

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I remember ruining a CD/DVD rom drive when it wouldn't read a disc by forcefully pushing the drive tray closed and then it no longer worked. My cousin destroyed a Monitor because he lost at gambling. I also remember my brother demolishing an SNES controller by throwing it.

13. DLG

DLG Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac AMP 1080Ti
    broke gameboy screen when i was like 12

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Almost destroyed my phone earlier when I tried to top it up with credit and no matter what I tried, debit card, online, voucher, every single one failed

So phoned o2 to find out wtf was going on (Never topped this phone up before) and they say that my SIM Card is for an iPad.... huh?

Anyway, I had a spare sim I bought a few weeks back, unopened, so I decided to save time transfering numbers and sh1t and just change my number and get it over with, so put the 'New' SIM in the phone, fired her up, no signal

Though it must take a few minutes to register on the network, waited 10 minutes, turned phone on and off a few times, nothing

Checked SIM packet, expiry date was last month

Cool, great, super, so the missus went round the shop to get me a new SIM, came back with completely the wrong Carrier

Excellent, so off back to the shop again, this time got an o2 sim, stuck it in, fire it up, all is good

Phone the tariff line to move to the data bundle I want, go through retarded options and buttons and answer messages to finally get where I want, press 1 to confirm, the tariff line restarts the call back to the beginning and makes me go through everything again, at the end of that one, it does exactly the same thing

By now I am seconds away from putting my phone through the wall

Had to give it to the missus and get her to talk calmly to an agent to get it sorted for me, the veins on my neck were about to burst

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i have a picture of me peeing on a evga card that went out on me even after i was nice to it....i am going to send it back to them too :)
    but i dont think i can get away with posting the pic without the boss being pissed jajajaja
    besides that i think i can conjure up some other pics

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I used to play Unreal Tournament 2004 at a fairly high competitive level, during a rather important clan match (think it was a TAM cup game on clanbase) my mouse wheel button which I use to select shock rifle started working intermittently, made me so angry that I pressed the mouse wheel so hard that it disappeared inside my mouse taking both left and right mouse buttons with it.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I love reading these guys as i try to visualise what your saying, makes me laugh:)

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Never had those problems, my biggest rages end with "joder", "me cago en su madre" or "me cago en la puta/dios" (aka fuk, fuk his mother or I poop on a bitch/god).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  19. Arend.C

Arend.C Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Oh yes, i have destroyed numerous xbox360 controllers back when i still played competitively.. Few keybords and mouses here and there as well.

Bit embarrassing come to think of it. Spend alot of money on that stuff haha.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Was a great idea for a thread :D

It actually relieves a bit of stress from whatever made you nearly/kill your stuff when you talk/write about it lol