Have you encountered issues with recent nvidia drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Oct 9, 2015.

?

Have you encountered issues with recent nvidia drivers?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2015.
  1. Yes and it effects my gaming

75 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. I experienced some bugs but nothing game breaking.

40 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Nah, all good :D

99 vote(s)
    45.6%
  4. A driver update? better live in a stone age!

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    That solution prob wont work for everybody and many people do not have that issue. Are you planning on getting a 980ti? It`s easily the best gpu in its price range.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Nah, cant afford it unfortunately. Didnt had an nvidia card for a long time(gts250). Currently debating between 390 and 970, probably it will be 390 becouse i dont want to get into unfamiliar waters.

3. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    I voted no. I have not had any problems with new drivers. Mind you, all I install is the video and Physx driver. "Experience" and other bloat ware is deleted from the folder before install. I do not require the audio drivers either. Clean up with uninstall from control panel followed by DDU in safe mode on the reboot that uninstalling requires. No issues.

That may change though, but its okay now. And for the record, I used the same method with the AMD drivers while I used their cards, same thing. No issues.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    The SLI problems with Z170A boards under Win10 until it got fixed in 353.80 though too late since I went single GPU instead.

5. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Actually I think it happens all the time, sure they have automated methods which adapt to different vram sizes but being resource management one of the core aspects of the drivers it´s just naive to think there are no specific tweaks, graphic drivers being the major collection of tweaks and hacks in software out there.

Also I´m not saying 2gb 960 are gonna stop getting support all of a sudden, but it´s definitely going into nvidia´s and developer´s non priority basket along with the other 2gb cards. We knew it didn´t have much future and now nvidia is just giving us the reason. Please stop being naive.

That´s the running stuttering bug they introduced after 1.6 (at least on the nvidia side), although it should be waay more subtle and hardly noticeable, setting prerender frames to 1 doesn´t fix it 100% like it didn´t fix Roach´s jogging stuttering.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'll stop being "naive" as soon as you'll provide anything to back up what you're saying. I also fail to see how the supposed EOL for 2GB 960 means that all 2GB cards will suddenly fall out of "priority basket".

7. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Been playing Witcher3 since release and haven't experienced that.

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yep, same here. and pretty much everyone I know with nv cards has no issues like that in witcher 3. maybe it happens when recording the game with apps like shadowplay, but it's certainly not there just playing the game.

9. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Look at the tree at the left @4:24, it´s like hitching or micro-stuttering when Geralt runs:

Look at this, graphics memory resources need a lot of tuning and optimizations from the driver side:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee418784(v=vs.85).aspx

Not having a mid-range or entry level 2gb card from nvidia anymore (X50´s are seen like more like htpc/casual gaming stuff despite the capabilities) means no more attention from game devs (get ready for ugly ass compatibility texturing meant for 1gb too) and less priority from nvidia in case some game has leaks and needs just some little tweaking to make it run perfectly on 2gb... cough, gtaV, cough.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is that your video?

11. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    No stutter for tw3 on my PC.

13. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I don't need to watch horribly compressed YouTube clips of other peoples systems. I have my own 980Ti's I know for a fact I don't have microstutter in Witcher3. I play it almost daily lately.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dunno I'll believe the people here stating they got no problem with similar hardware to me before some random youtube video.

15. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Maybe it happens only in the same sytems that had the horse stuttering, (fixed in 1.10*).

*After freking five months :bang:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

16. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    My Windows 10 driver issue is Lancing Dam in Battlefield 4. It's a stuttery mess. All other levels are fine and it ran perfectly smoothly in Windows 8.1. No hardware changes. I do hope this can get looked into because I have to either quit the level if it loads up after a match or avoid that level entirely.

17. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    They never fixed the micro-stutter in BF3 when aiming and shooting, kind of depressing.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don`t recall that either, maybe its your system?

19. click4dylan

click4dylan New Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce GTX 580 1.5GB
    *removed*

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  20. click4dylan

click4dylan New Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce GTX 580 1.5GB
    All nvidia drivers since around february or so are completely broken in 007 Nightfire. Every time a map changes in multiplayer or you get to the next level in single player, the entire game artifacts up and walls start becoming invisible and the walls extend into infinity like GPU artifacts. The only solution is to reload the level multiple times (there will still be some artifacts like invisible fences), or restart the game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015