Have a bad ASIO driver? Check out ASIO4ALL

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by sprogis, Aug 7, 2011.

?

Does ASIO4ALL fix your ASIO issue?

1. YES it does!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. NO it does not!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. sprogis

sprogis Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    Ok, I have tried the older ASUS drivers with the same resualt and the latency are set higher. The driver release before the latest would have an issue installing in Win 7 64-bit. I did break my CFX config. to put the card into a different slot. That did not help. I have used other sound cards. There ASIO driver works with no issues set at 24-bit 96kHz close Reason and re-open Reason and play back is fine. M-Audio Delta, Creative E-MU. however not the ASUS Xonar Essence STX. Everybody elses ASIO driver works just fine, but does not have the audio quality you get from the Xonar Essence STX. It is clearer, cleaner. It has to be the ASUS ASIO driver, its just not fully compatible with Propellerheads Reason 4. I don't intend to record with it. I want to play back at 24-bit 192kHz and use my Korg recorder that will down sample from 24-bit 192kHz to 16-bit 44.1. I can't find the setting to tiurn off the auto re-sample rate feature on the Xonar Essence STX. Well, in any case Rob thank you for your input and help to resolve my issue.

sprogis

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Why did you feel the need to post a 2600x1200 image ffs???????

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, it might just be an issue with compatibility...it is a bummer but happens sometimes with this type of software. Do you have the option to use another output plugin other then ASIO? You cannot really turn off the bitperfect aspect, as that is the point of using that driver for output. Can you use WASAPI, KS..etc? If true ASIO doesn't wok for you then you are stuck using a work around for now. Wish I could have been more help.

4. sprogis

sprogis Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    Funny thing is the ASUS ASIO driver has the highest latency. DX, Primary sound and ASIO4ALL are good. I will work with ASUS to get it fixed thou. I gotta make out a feed back report now. Don't worry, I put the OPA2134PA in the STX audio card and I feel better already! lol.

sprogis

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Xonar is a software based card so the latency is dependent on your system not so much the card. ASUS is not right person to talk to about this, C-Media makes the chips and does the low level programming. The ASUS driver you see is basically a skin over the stock C-Media drivers.

6. sprogis

sprogis Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    Well, maybe ASUS will send the Feed back report to them. LOL nobody is voting.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  7. sprogis

sprogis Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    Is anybody else given this ASIO WDM a try?

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I think pretty much anybody around here that is using a ST/STX is using the latest drivers which include the ASIO component.

9. sprogis

sprogis Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    Well, I guess you are right!

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The ASIO component in the drivers would only be active when accessed by an output plugin. So if you set your software for ASIO, then it is used.

11. sprogis

sprogis Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    You know since I have changed the OPAmp. It seems like the DX Primary Sound Driver works best with the improved quality of the OPAmp. I sense the clairity, detial and depth easier.

sprogis

12. sprogis

sprogis Member

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    Possible new driver update on the way for the STX.