Haswell Refresh SKU Lineup and Price List

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    As you guys know, likely next month you'll be seeing the Haswell processor refresh from Intel. And now the final SKU Price List has been posted online, showing pretty much everything you wanna know ...

Haswell Refresh SKU Lineup and Price List

2. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Time to throw my 4670K in the bin because it's a useless piece of junk now lol

3. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    Why are they changing the socket again?...i do not see a real improvment beside the 100 + mhz....maybe the new motherboards will bring something new>>)I still am not sure if is worth upgrading from my 2600k.

4. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    @dbogss, It seems FC-LGA12C is a ordering info not the actual socket name known by consumers, the socket will be the same.

5. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    OK, my mistake it may be,...so only the cipset is going to be a new one..)socket is going to be the same 1150...very curios about overclocking and actual performance of the refresh -K-

6. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    So I could put one of these in my 1150 board? I might consider it if they overclock well.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's really no reason to replace a 4670K with one of these.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't see a reason to replace even my 3770K, maybe I'll go for an upgrade when Haswell-E comes out, because of new RAM and maybe other new features but even then the upgrade incentive is small. I only care about gaming performance though. :nerd:

9. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Does anyone know if the new chipsets are going to bring anything?

10. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    This is what happens without competition.

11. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    @sykozis : I think it was ironic ;)
    no need to replace a 4670k , or 3570k or 2500k.....

yu won't see a difference between this cpu only on bench , not on real use !
    +1 Solfaur : I keep my 3770k@4.5 Ghz for two years again ;)
    (I tried a 4770k and no difference at all on standard usage : gaming , photo , etc etc..)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  12. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    yep lol....from what ive heard the only difference is the 100mhz bump and some small changes to the power states which I think wont be noticeablke...I think they shaved a few watts off the refresh models....I alos heard they are exactly the same other than that...they are not soldered and can be delided as well.

waste of coin if your on anything in the last two gens.

13. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    How about the new z97 mb ,anything new comes with this new cipset?

14. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Well, I gues I will upgrade when Skylake or something similar comes out!, In the mean time this Rig will serve me well....

And by that time maybe maxwell will be out too!

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So my upgrade from 3770K will come after haswell most likely. I totally forgot what that was named tho. There has been no real reason to upgrade for really anyone owning an i7 or i5 T_T

16. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    I see no reason to upgrade my 2600k at 4.8ghz yet. Maybe next year.

17. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I don't see my self upgrading my i7 2700k @ 5gz any time soon. Probably in the next console generation, so a ridiculous amount of years ahead for this system, probably go through another 2 or 3 generations of graphics cards. Plus mantle to sort out any cpu bound issues in years to come.

18. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    Intel, stop, ok? There is no need other than the fact that you can. Like the HDTV market, CPU sales are declining (PCs in general) because they just haven't gotten significantly better. Lower power (saving people pennies per year after factoring the cost of the upgrade) and built in sub-par GPUs. So what?

Wanna know how much of a performance boost I saw going from i7 860, to a 2600K, to a 3770K? 1pt in Cinebench at stock speeds!!! Wow!! Ooh wait, I did shave off a minute or two converting an HD movie in Handbrake. I also added 2-3fps I got when running games. Glad I went through all the trouble of spending my time and money upgrading because Intel keeps releasing cpu and socket refreshes with each new and insignificant improvement in their latest tech. I can really appreciate AMD and having their AM3+ a standard for years.

I would love nothing more than Intel to take a break, let AMD (try) and catch up, and let people get their money's worth out of a product before refreshing something that needs none.

19. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    mmm not that exciting...glad i went with X79 gonna be sweet for a few years till next mobo, cpu, ram upgrade:)

20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I agree that Intel needs to take a break - if they really want to see better sales they should focus on giving a compelling reason to upgrade (speaking of which, I'm surprised so many i7 owners here seem to have this sense of obligation to upgrade...). But, AMD isn't going to get to this point - they haven't released a new AM3+ CPU in over a year and they don't seem to have any intention to release another any time soon.

Considering each Intel release is just a small increment (seems like its just a "tick-tick strategy" now), in a way they kind of are letting AMD catch up. I wish the best for AMD, I haven't bought an Intel CPU in over 10 years, but AMD is out of the game when it comes to competing with i7 - there is no catching up at this point. Steamroller is what Bulldozer should have been, and Steamroller still wouldn't have been good enough even in 2012.

If people REALLY wanted good competition, they'd have supported AMD when they were marginally worse than Intel. For those of you who upgrade every year, there is no point in buying the best product - you should get the product that does everything you need it to at the lowest price point.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014